The Department of Dermatology is committed to the highest level of patient care, as well as the discovery and development of better treatments for dermatologic diseases.
Message from the Chair
Our mission is sustained leadership in patient care, in research, and in training leaders of our specialty in an environment that fosters creativity, diversity, inclusiveness and synergy.
Paul Khavari, MD, PhD, Professor and Chair
Stanford Dermatology in the News
Dr. Jennifer Chen
Dr. Chen is elected President of the American Contact Dermatitis Society.
Dr. Leandra Barnes
Dr. Barnes has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Society for Investigative Dermatology.
Dr. Meghan Dickman in the Pleasanton Weekly
Dr. Meghan Dickman was recently featured in the Pleasanton Weekly to discuss basal cell carcinoma.
Dr. Susan Swetter
Dr. Swetter is named Chair of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Melanoma Panel.
Dr. Howard Chang
Dr. Chang is selected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Anthony Oro
Stanford Medicine recently featured Dr. Jean Tang, Dr. Anthony Oro, Dr. Paul Khavari, and others on "Outsmarting cancer cells that evade treatment."
Dr. Paul Khavari
Dr. Khavari led a team of researchers who discovered a specialized cancer cell that gathers at the edge of skin tumors and aids in metastasis.
Dr. Zakia Rahman
Dr. Rahman has been elected Chair of the School of Medicine Faculty Senate.
Award Winning Faculty
Stanford Dermatology Faculty are regionally and nationally recognized for their clinical expertise and teaching. As a part of one of the preeminent departments at Stanford Medicine, Dermatology Faculty are committed to Discovery, Education, and Patient Care.
Welcome to SUNSPORT
Stanford’s innovative education and research program reduces skin cancer and sun damage among outdoor athletes.
Dr. Meghan Dickman CTV30 Interview
Dr. Meghan Dickman was recently gave an intreview to CTV regarding sun safety.
Wipe Out Melanoma
Wipe Out Melanoma is changing the way our community faces melanoma by increasing awareness among Californians.
At Stanford Dermatology, we feel we are able to provide the clinical experience, mentorship support and educational resources to allow each resident to reach their personal goals and potential as they embark on a successful career in Dermatology.
Dermatology Residency Welcome Picnic
- Dr. Susan Swetter sits with Lissa Kreisler at KCAT TV 15 to discuss Wipe Out Melanoma. Watch Video
- Dr. Howard Chang has been been selected as the recipient of American Skin Association (ASA)’s Inaugural Research Achievement Award in Discovery.
- Dr. Howard Chang has been been selected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the National Academy of Sciences.
- Dr. Susan Swetter shares insights on interpreting new AAD Melanoma Guidelines. Learn More
- Dr. Elizabeth Bailey had the great fortune of traveling to Nepal with Stanford residents in pathology and dermatology. Learn More