Welcome to the Day Lab
Our Lab Efforts
Our Neuromuscular Division organizes a comprehensive effort to combat and conquer diseases of the peripheral nerves and muscles, including:
- The Muscular Dystrophies (myotonic, Duchenne, limb girdle, facioscapulohumeral, and congenital muscular dystrophies)
- Motor Neuron Disorders (ALS and SMA)
- Neuromuscular Junction Disease (MG, CMS)
- Peripheral Neuropathies (CMT, CIDP)
Our Lab Research
While keeping the patients and families foremost in mind, our research seeks to:
- Define and understand genetic causes.
- Clarify the molecular and cellular consequences of genetic change.
- Determine the multisystemic features that are underappreciated but clinically significant consequence of these diseases.
- Develop and improve methods for managing and treating each disease.
Neurology & Neurological Sciences
The John W. Day Lab is part of the Department of Neurology & Neurological Sciences.
Katharine A. Hagerman, PhD
MSLS Building, Room P220