Research Development and Proposal Writing
- Diversity-specific funding opportunities
- Fellowships and career development awards
- Junior faculty first major research grants
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Editing and critically evaluating proposals
- Interpreting sponsor requirements and providing strategic advice
- Drafting-specific sections of the application
- Assisting with pre-award budgeting, progress reports, and other supports
- Coordinating completion of proposals, subcontracts, and large collaborative projects
- Providing educational resources, workshops, and one-on-one consultations
- Recurring meetings to discuss progress, review drafts & strategize
- Project management including checklists and timelines
- Shared collaborative folders containing comprehensive educational resources and templates
- Mock reviews scheduled as needed
Director, Strategic Research Development
A former neuroscience researcher, Liz has helped raise tens of millions of dollars from public and private funding entities to advance health equity and social justice initiatives, and received several awards and distinctions both for her scientific work as well as her commitment to philanthropy. Liz provides individualized grantsmanship advice, coaching, and assistance to all tiers of trainees and faculty in CV Med.
Research Development Specialist
Dr. Brandi Stephens is a cardiovascular physiologist by training with expertise in diversity and health equity research. She combines her love for science and passion for grant writing to lead CV Med fellows, postdoctoral scholars, and junior faculty in submitting competitive fellowships and career development awards. Roles include identifying funding opportunities, meeting 1:1 to navigate the grant writing process, and providing critical feedback.
Jennifer joined CV Med’s Strategic Research Development Team to manage the submission of grant applications and post-award progress reports. She also leads pre-award budgeting and facilitates other supports. Jenn is an accomplished research administrator completing her MS in Health Care Administration at Cal State East Bay.