Adult Congenital Heart Disease
The Adult Congenital Heart Program at Stanford—a collaboration between Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford and Stanford Health Care—is an Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) Accredited Program. This makes the Adult Congenital Heart Program one of the first comprehensive care centers in the U.S. for congenital heart disease patients.
Our program focuses on a smooth transition from pediatric cardiology to adult heart care that continues to provide comprehensive, ongoing care to adult patients throughout their life.
Accreditation by the ACHA ACHD acknowledges that a center has the capability to bring high quality of care to congenital heart diseaes patients. This includes:
Seamless transition from pediatric to adult oriented care with a highly specialized program specifically designed for adolescent and adult patients. Visit iheartchange.org to find resources for pediatric patients with congenital heart disease who are transitioning to adult care.
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary care from leading experts in congenital heart disease and other cardiovascular specialties.
- Access to physicians and care facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Access to clinical trials and the most advanced treatment options.
- Specialized treatments for patients with a single ventricle.
- Transcatheter ASD closure and pulmonary valve replacement.
- Surgical pulmonary valve repair for patients with tetralogy of Fallot.
- Innovative treatment options for Ebstein's anomaly.
- Alternative therapies like ventricular assist devices for end stage heart failure.
- Coordinated care with heart failure.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling and risk stratification; contraception and genetic counseling.
- High-risk pregnancy management with our maternal fetal medicine team.
We also offer a Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) to provide an ongoing level of support and quality of care to patients and their families.
Division Administrative Coordinator, On-Call Schedule Coordinator, and Associate to Dr. Lui, Haeffele, Sharma, Rockson, Clark
300 Pasteur Drive, 3rd Floor - Clinic A31, Room A302
Stanford, CA 94305