MD Student Summer Research Program

Application deadline: March 31, 2022

Our 10-week Stanford Cardiovascular Summer Research Program is designed to provide meaningful research experiences to a diverse cohort of 15 medical students from across the country in the field of cardiovascular science. Our long-term goal is to bolster a diverse pool of physician-scientists and expose them to the landscape of 21st century translational medicine by providing them with a strong foundation in rigor, reproducibility, and the responsible conduct of research.

Our program will consist of 80% of trainee time devoted to a cardiovascular or pulmonary research project in the lab of a Stanford physician-scientist faculty mentor. The remaining 20% of their time will be spent in a comprehensive curriculum comprised of seminars in cardiovascular science, research training, and physician-scientist career development opportunities. Specific research domains our faculty specialize in include precision medicine, industry, collaborations, and clinical trials. We will provide a dedicated curriculum to ensure trainees learn about these topics and more from leaders in cardiovascular and pulmonary science and medicine.

Application deadline: March 31, 2022

Decisions will be sent out in mid-April.

Joseph Wu, MD, PhD
Program Director

Download the flyer