August 27, 2020
- Stanford Medicine experts shared information about promising vaccines in development, the anticipated efficacy of a COVID-19 vaccine, the challenges -- both logistical and ethical -- posed by vaccine distribution, and the current public sentiment toward a vaccine. They also discussed how Stanford Medicine is contributing to the creation of a vaccine.
• Lloyd Minor, MD, dean, Stanford University School of Medicine
• David Magnus, MD, professor of pediatrics and of medicine and director of the Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics
• Yvonne Maldonado, MD, senior associate dean of faculty development and diversity and professor of pediatric infectious diseases and of health research and policy
• Bali Pulendran, PhD, professor of pathology and of microbiology and of immunology
• Andra Blomkalns, MD, professor and chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine
Closed captions is available.