Undergraduate Research Assistant
We are actively seeking undergraduate researchers for Spring Quarter and Summer 2022.
The Computational Psychiatry, Neuroimaging and Sleep Laboratory (CoPsyN Sleep Lab) is currently recruiting motivated and compassionate undergraduate research coordinators for projects investigating the relationships between sleep disturbances, brain function, and emotional well-being. The CoPsyN Sleep lab is focused on translational clinical research and utilizes human neuroimaging, high density EEG, computational methods, and clinical psychology to examine the role of sleep physiology in the development, maintenance, and treatment of psychopathology across the lifespan. We are looking for Undergraduate Research Assistants to be active contributors to study operations.
Seeking undergrads for: Academic year, Summer (priority will be given to those that can commit over Summer 2022).
Location: On-campus research projects only
• Strong interest of human neuroscience techniques and experimental design including EEG and fMRI
• Comfortable working with depressed, anxious, or sensitive populations
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Good attention to detail and can follow instructions with precision
This lab is particularly interested in mentoring: Undergrads from backgrounds that are underrepresented in STEM
• An NIH funded clinical trial examining the impact of a sleep intervention on emotion regulation brain function in individuals with depression.
• An NIH funded clinical trial studying sleep disturbance and emotion regulation in individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and mild Alzheimer’s Dementia.
• NIH and VA funded clinical trials examining mediators and moderators of response to non-drug treatments for insomnia in older adults and Gulf War Veterans.
• A project examining if a brief telehealth sleep intervention targeting acute insomnia will help mitigate the mental health burden created by the COVID-19 pandemic
How to apply: If you are interested in joining the CoPsyN Sleep Lab, please complete an application here: https://forms.gle/XGF2cY8vHDQfJkbs5.
If you would like any further information or have any questions, please feel free to contact Allison Morehouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.