T35 Summer Research Fellowship
This program seeks to help veterinary students become biomedical researchers. The program consists of:
Presentations on Campus, and at the National Veterinary Scholars Program
Lead career development sessions
Supervise student research projects
Department of Comparative Medicine
Department of Dermatology
Department of Genetics
Department of Medicine
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Department of Molecular & Cellular Physiology
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences
Department of Neurosurgery
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Department of Pediatrics
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Department of Radiation Oncology
How to Apply
Eight veterinary students will be admitted for the Summer of 2023. First-through third-year students of a U.S. accredited School of Veterinary Medicine may apply. Because this is funded by the National Institutes of Health, trainees must be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or have been lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence. Send the following information by email to the Program Director no later than February 28, 2023.
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail, school, class (first-, second-, or third-year), undergraduate institution, major and grade point average, veterinary school grade point average.
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail) for 3 references who can assess your research potential.
- Describe your previous research experience, if any.
- Describe your career goals.
- Explain why you would like to participate in this Program.
- Describe your research interests. Are there any particular faculty members with whom you would prefer to work?
Included veterinary students from the following universities
- Colorado State University
- Cornell University
- Iowa State University
- Kansas State University
- Michigan State University
- North Carolina State University
- Ohio State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Oregon State University
- Purdue University
- Tufts University
- Tuskegee University
- Utah State University
- University of California - Davis
- University of Georgia
- University of Illinois
- University of Minnesota
- University of Tennessee
- University of Wisconsin
- Virginia-Maryland College
- Washington State University
- Western University
Click here for a list of past participants.
Updated November 18, 2022