- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university that will be conferred by the start of the program
- Minimum science and non-science GPA of 3.0 (Preferred)
- Fellows must be able to attend a minimum of five 4-hour clinic shifts, or a total of 20 hours, per week (example scribe's schedule)
We seek highly qualified candidates based on the following criteria:
- Educational merit, as indicated in part by academic credentials and university/life experience
- Extracurricular activities, including employment history, basic science or community-based research, and participation in health-related and other volunteer outreach activities
- Dedication to a life of service and demonstration of the ideals of the profession of medicine
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and strive to promote diverity, equity, and inclusion in the broadest possible definition.
Application & Program Fee
Th application fee is $95 (non-refundable). Once accepted, the program fee for the Stanford COMET Fellowship is $7,500 for 2022-23. The program fee must be paid in full within 15 days of acceptance into the fellowship. The program fee includes:
- All program tuition, including training to become a medical scribe
- All required equipment, including laptop and white coat
- Program administration and support, including but not limited to: pairing scribe and mentor schedules, providing scribe training, support, facilitating social events, and coordinating educational opportunities.
- A stipend for travel and accomodation for fellows who have been accepted to present at regional or national conferences
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion scholarship for eligible applicants
- Housing, transportation, and health insurance are not included
- Financial assistance through scholarship support is available to a small number of highly qualified fellows who have demonstrated exceptional merit in their work and professionalism within their communities.
- Selection for these scholarships will be made by the Selection Committee at the time of admission to the fellowship
- COMET has offered $100,000+ in scholarships to qualified applicants over the years
Updated: July 2021