Family & Community Medicine
Family & Community Medicine
Stanford Family Medicine strives to engage in and promote primary care and prevention research focused on local, regional, national and international health issues. Faculty in the O'Connor Family Medicine Residency, Primary Care Associate Program, Stanford Geriatric Education Center, Stanford Family Medicine Clinic, Area Health Education Center and others conduct research in chronic care, personalized medicine, epidemiology, ethnogeriatrics, education, integrative medicine and community health.
Family & Community Medicine News
Med program for teens turns 30
More than 700 students, 30 summers, zero tuition: The no-cost Stanford Medical Youth Science Program helps aspiring low-income teens begin their journey toward careers in the medical and health sciences.
Study solves mystery of genetic mutation
Stanford researchers used genetic-editing tools and stem cell technology to uncover whether a genetic mutation linked to a heart rhythm disorder was benign or pathogenic.
New operating rooms at hospitals
At Packard Children’s, new surgical and imaging suites will open at the end of June, and the entire second floor of Stanford Hospital, set to open in late 2019, will be devoted to surgery.
Conferences and Workshops
26th Annual Pediatric Update and Pre-Conference: Genetics 2018 – What Pediatric Primary Care Practitioners Need to Know
The Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford, CA
3rd Annual Diagnosis and Management of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: Special Focus Session on Myocardial Bridges
Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge at Stanford, CA
Hot Topics in Clinical Pediatrics: A Symposium presented by John Muir Health and Stanford Children's Health
Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel, Walnut Creek, CA
9th Annual Bridging Breakthroughs in Neuroscience from Bench to Bedside
Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge, Stanford University
Popular Pediatric Clinical Topics 2018
Fairmont Kea Lani, Wailea, HI
New courses are added regularly— please check back often
- Introduction to Food and Health
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: Latino Populations
- Unconscious Bias
- HealthPro Advantage: Anti-Doping Education For The Health Professional
- Writing in Science
- Statistics for Medical Professionals
- Practical Tips to Improve Asian American Participation in Cancer Clinical Trials
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: African American Populations
- Optimizing Antimicrobial Therapy with Timeouts
- Thinking Critically: Interpreting Randomized Clinical Trials
- SonoDoc: Case-based Learning in Bedside Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Primer for the non-Orthopedist
- Congenital Hypothyroidism: What Every Primary Care Provider Needs to Know
- Prescription Drug Misuse and Addiction: Compassionate Care for a Complex Problem
- Screening and Assessing Depression in Primary Care Settings: Clinical and Ethical Considerations
- Managing Atrial Fibrillation
- To Prescribe or Not To Prescribe? Antibiotics and Outpatient Infections
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: A Primer - Guidelines, Ethnic Differences, and Assessment
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: South Asian Populations
New activities are added regularly. Join our mailing list to receive email notifications about activities of interest to you.
Related Clinical Trials
Showing 1 - 20 of 93 trials
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
CTLA4-Ig (Abatacept)for Prevention of Abnormal Glucose Tolerance and Diabetes in Relatives At -Risk for Type 1Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.