Family & Community Medicine
Family & Community Medicine
Stanford Family Medicine strives to engage in and promote primary care and prevention research focused on local, regional, national and international health issues. Faculty in the O'Connor Family Medicine Residency, Primary Care Associate Program, Stanford Geriatric Education Center, Stanford Family Medicine Clinic, Area Health Education Center and others conduct research in chronic care, personalized medicine, epidemiology, ethnogeriatrics, education, integrative medicine and community health.
Family & Community Medicine News
D-limonene could offset dry mouth in cancer patients
A Stanford collaboration between clinical and basic science researchers has led to the identification of a compound that could improve the quality of life for head and neck cancer patients.
Magazine explores listening, hearing
The spring issue of Stanford Medicine magazine focuses on the importance of listening and hearing, and how new discoveries could improve both.
Center aims to stop disease before it starts
At the Precision Health and Integrated Diagnostics Center, scientists turn the norms of disease research on their head, searching not for treatments but for ways to prevent disease entirely.
Conferences and Workshops
2nd Annual Conference PCHA-UHA Research and Learning Collaborative: Practice-Based Research and Learning Networks Across the Life Course
Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford, CA
CARDIA: Cardiac Arrhythmia, Sudden Death, Inherited Cardiovascular Disease, Athletes
Paul Brest Hall, Stanford University
26th Annual Pediatric Update and Pre-Conference: Genetics 2018 – What Pediatric Primary Care Practitioners Need to Know
The Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford, CA
3rd Annual Diagnosis and Management of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: Special Focus Session on Myocardial Bridges
Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge at Stanford, CA
Bridging Breakthroughs in Neuroscience from Bench to Bedside
Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge, Stanford University
New courses are added regularly— please check back often
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: Latino Populations
- Unconscious Bias
- HealthPro Advantage: Anti-Doping Education For The Health Professional
- Writing in Science
- Statistics for Medical Professionals
- Practical Tips to Improve Asian American Participation in Cancer Clinical Trials
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: African American Populations
- Optimizing Antimicrobial Therapy with Timeouts
- Thinking Critically: Interpreting Randomized Clinical Trials
- E-Cigarettes: Harmful or Harm-Reducing
- SonoDoc: Case-based Learning in Bedside Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Primer for the non-Orthopedist
- Congenital Hypothyroidism: What Every Primary Care Provider Needs to Know
- Prescription Drug Misuse and Addiction: Compassionate Care for a Complex Problem
- Screening and Assessing Depression in Primary Care Settings: Clinical and Ethical Considerations
- Managing Atrial Fibrillation
- Introduction to Food and Health
- To Prescribe or Not To Prescribe? Antibiotics and Outpatient Infections
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: A Primer - Guidelines, Ethnic Differences, and Assessment
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: South Asian Populations
New activities are added regularly. Join our mailing list to receive email notifications about activities of interest to you.
Related Clinical Trials
Showing 1 - 20 of 92 trials
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
CTLA4-Ig (Abatacept)for Prevention of Abnormal Glucose Tolerance and Diabetes in Relatives At -Risk for Type 1Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.