Family & Community Medicine
Family & Community Medicine
Stanford Family Medicine strives to engage in and promote primary care and prevention research focused on local, regional, national and international health issues. Faculty in the O'Connor Family Medicine Residency, Primary Care Associate Program, Stanford Geriatric Education Center, Stanford Family Medicine Clinic, Area Health Education Center and others conduct research in chronic care, personalized medicine, epidemiology, ethnogeriatrics, education, integrative medicine and community health.
Family & Community Medicine News
‘Cascade’ testing identifies relatives at risk
An online effort coupled with lower costs significantly increased the proportion of cancer patients’ relatives who chose to undergo genetic testing for cancer-associated mutations in Stanford study.
‘Discovery Curriculum’ launched
A redesigned curriculum for Stanford medical students is now being fully implemented. It provides new courses, more flexibility and financial incentives for pursuing long-term research.
Leader in children’s health bids farewell
The longtime CEO of Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford has retired after nearly three decades of shaping health care for children and expectant mothers.
Conferences and Workshops
Hot Topics in Clinical Pediatrics: A Symposium presented by John Muir Health and Stanford Children’s Health
Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel, Walnut Creek, CA
Popular Pediatric Clinical Topics 2018
Fairmont Kea Lani, Wailea, HI (on the Island of Maui)
Stanford Review of the 60th Annual American Society of Hematology Meeting 2019
Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Half Moon Bay, CA
20th Stanford Symposium on Emergency Medicine
Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui
12th Annual Cardiology for the Primary Care Practitioner
Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge - Stanford, CA
New courses are added regularly— please check back often
- HealthPro Advantage: Anti-Doping Education For The Health Professional
- Thinking Critically: Interpreting Randomized Clinical Trials
- Congenital Hypothyroidism: What Every Primary Care Provider Needs to Know
- Prescription Drug Misuse and Addiction: Compassionate Care for a Complex Problem
- Introduction to Food and Health
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: Latino Populations
- Unconscious Bias
- Writing in Science
- Statistics for Medical Professionals
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: African American Populations
- Optimizing Antimicrobial Therapy with Timeouts
- SonoDoc: Case-based Learning in Bedside Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Primer for the non-Orthopedist
- Managing Atrial Fibrillation
- To Prescribe or Not To Prescribe? Antibiotics and Outpatient Infections
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: A Primer - Guidelines, Ethnic Differences, and Assessment
- Dementia and Diversity in Primary Care: South Asian Populations
New activities are added regularly. Join our mailing list to receive email notifications about activities of interest to you.
Related Clinical Trials
Showing 1 - 20 of 95 trials
Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.
CTLA4-Ig (Abatacept)for Prevention of Abnormal Glucose Tolerance and Diabetes in Relatives At -Risk for Type 1Stanford is currently accepting patients for this trial.