Advancing Team-Based Care for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
A Multi-State Project ECHO Initiative
A Continuing Medical Education initiative presented by the Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education at the Stanford University School of Medicine in collaboration with MED-IQ.
Launching Soon: November 2021
We are looking for 6 clinical sites in California, Nevada and Oregon to be a part of this initiative.
A comprehensive Project ECHO-based initiative designed for multidisciplinary teams that regularly treat patients with SMA
We anticipate that this initiative will improve clinical teams’ ability to:
- Increase their awareness of the benefits of providing well-coordinated multidisciplinary care to patients with SMA
- Integrate the latest findings with approved therapies into clinical practice for patients with SMA
- Evaluate the results for recent clinical trials investigating emerging disease modifying therapies for SMA in the context of clinical trial enrollment as a treatment option
- Diagnosing SMA in children and adults
- Optimization of treatment through multidisciplinary care
- Place of available and emerging treatments in therapeutic landscape
- Monitoring response to treatment
- Patient and family education and support
Participate in a monthly 60 to 90 minute session facilitated by Stanford Medicine faculty. Sessions will start in November 2021.
The Project ECHO virtual sessions are intended for multidisciplinary teams of neurologists, genetic counselors, nurses, neuromuscular specialists, social workers, and specialty care providers who manage patients with SMA.
- Summarize effective strategies to the provision of well-coordinated, multidisciplinary care for patients with SMA
- Integrate genetic testing into clinical practice for patients with suspected SMA
- Incorporate the latest findings with novel therapies into treatment decisions for patients with SMA including in the context of clinical trial enrollment for appropriate patients
- November 18, 2021
- December 16, 2021
- January 20, 2022
- February 17, 2022
- March 17, 2022