From June 9-11, 2021, Stanford CME virtually welcomes the CME/CE community to explore innovative and cost-effective ways to deliver education that support our learners’ needs. At CME Live 2021, you will have opportunities to engage with peers and industry experts, discuss best practices and lessons learned as we all learned to adapt in the year of the pandemic. CME Live is a virtual conference intended for CME/CE professionals both new and experienced – we guarantee you and your team will leave with newfound pearls of wisdom, innovative solutions to delivering education, network connections, and ideas for supporting staff wellness and development!
- Early Bird Registration (ends 4/30): $250
- Regular Registration (from 5/1 and on): $300
- Stanford Registration: $175
- Association Membership Discount: Members of AHME, CACME, IACME, MAACME, NAMEC, SACME, SCMEC, and TACME receive a 20% discount when they use their respective discount code (AHME21, CACME21, IACME21, MAACME21, NAMEC21, SACME21, SCMEC21, and TACME21).
- Institution Discount: Groups registering 3 or more attendees qualify for a 10% discount applied at checkout.
For Stanford employees using STAP funds to cover registration fees, please register here.
CME LIVE CORE VALUES:
Innovative practice: We strive to highlight innovative approaches to technology, online learning, and interprofessional education.
Global impact: We strive to provide a meaningful learning experience to a global audience across the spectrum of healthcare professions.
Embracing diversity: We strive to include diverse voices, perspectives, and experiences.
Connection & collaboration: We strive to facilitate connections and collaborations.
Fun & engaging: We strive to engage our community in developing and delivering fun and interactive sessions for attendees.
Transformative experiences: We strive to create unique, transformative experiences.
Affordability & flexibility: We strive to offer a professional development opportunity that an entire organization can afford and can access in the future on-demand.
Continuous improvement: We strive to continually enhance aspects of the conference, incorporating feedback from colleagues.
Lifelong learning: We strive to produce a conference that will enhance attendees’ professional and personal growth.
CME Live FAQs
Q: What are the dates of the event?
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 to Friday, June 11, 2021
Q: What are the general times of the event?
- Wednesday, June 9 (Orientation, plenaries, exhibits, concurrent tracks, socials, virtual networking event
10:00 am EST, 7:00 am PST – Pre-conference welcome video, music, countdown
11:00 am EST, 8:00 am PST – Opening Plenary starts
5:00 pm EST, 2:00 pm PST – Last session ends
7:00 pm EST, 4:00 pm PST – Virtual Wine Tasting Reception (Optional)
- Thursday, June 10 (Plenaries, exhibits, workshops, concurrent tracks, socials, virtual networking events)
10:00 am EST, 7:00 am PST – Pre-plenary exhibits, ePoster gallery, music, trivia
11:00 am EST, 8:00 am PST – Morning Plenary starts
6:00 pm EST, 3:00 pm PST – Last session ends
7:00 pm EST, 4:00 pm PST – Virtual Game night OR Paint & Sip (Optional)
- Friday, June 11 (Plenaries, exhibits, workshops, concurrent tracks, socials)
10:00 am EST, 7:00 am PST - Pre-plenary exhibits, ePoster gallery, music, trivia
11:00 am EST, 8:00 am PST – Morning Plenary starts
5:00 pm EST, 2:00 pm PST – Wrap up session ends
Q: What are the virtual networking events for this year’s conference?
- Virtual networking event #1: Sip back and relax from the comfort of your home while enjoying wine from all over the world, including Stanford's own backyard, Napa Valley. A wine expert and the CME Live chairs will host this fun, interactive tasting and networking event. Wine flights will be shipped to paid attendees of this event. The event time is from 4-6pm PT on Wednesday, June 9. Please register before June 1, 2021 to ensure receipt of the wine flights.
- Virtual networking event #2: Join your CME Live colleagues for a 90-minute competitive game play! You’ll get a chance to meet new people, work together in teams, and show off your competitive side. Your game masters will guide you through everything, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy. The event time is from 4-6pm PT on Thursday, June 10. Grab a drink, take a seat, and join your CME Live colleagues for a virtual one-of-a-kind adventure in art!
- Virtual networking event #3: As a more relaxing and creative alternative to competitive game play, jump on a Zoom call and watch a pre-recorded painting session. Paint supplies will be provided and shipped to paid attendees of this event. The event time is from 4-6pm PT on Thursday, June 10. Please register by June 4, 2021 to ensure receipt of supplies.
Q: When is the deadline for CME Live’s Call for Abstracts?
Friday, March 19, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST
Q: When will I hear if my abstract was accepted?
By Friday, April 16, 2021
Q: What is the Escape Room Challenge?
Gameplay is a unique and engaging format for online learning and virtual escape rooms are a great way to gamify and bring about problem solving for various types of content and professional development. For CME Live 2021, we are introducing our Escape Room Challenge, a contest in which CME/CE providers form teams to create a virtual escape room that focuses on one of the five conference themes: (1) online learning, (2) hybrid learning, (3) technology tools, (4) compliance, and (5) staff development and wellness. Teams will have the opportunity to present their virtual escape room during the conference. Community voting will take place in April 2021. Winners will be announced at CME Live 2021 and two winning teams will receive up to 3 comped registrations to CME Live 2022. Click here to register for the challenge!
Q: Is there a cost associated with registration and do you offer any discounts?
Yes. Registration fees are listed below and are significantly less expensive than the typical registration fees for the other large CME/CE annual meetings.
Early Bird Registration (ends 4/30/21)
Regular Registration (from 5/1/21 on)
Also, we are offering three types of discounts.
- Group discounts. Groups bring 3 or more attendees qualify for 10% off applied at checkout.
- Need based discount. We are offering a limited number of CME Live scholarships for this year’s conference so that all providers can attend regardless of means. Scholarship recipients will receive a 90% discount off the registration fee to CME Live 2021. Submit your scholarship application by 3/31/21 to apply.
- Membership discount. Members of AHME, CACME, IACME, MAACME, NAMEC, SCMEC, and TACME receive a 20% discount when they use their respective discount code (AHME21, CACME21, IACME21, MAACME21, NAMEC21, SCMEC21, and TACME21).
Q: Can I combine the discounts?
Yes! Here is an example. At the time of registration, you may:
- Enter the discount code for your association (AHME21, CACME21, IACME21, MAACME21, NAMEC21, SCMEC21, and TACME21) for 20% off registration
- Register three or more colleagues to receive an additional 10% off registration
Q: Are you offering any other promotions?
Yes! Invite a colleague or friend to CME Live 2021. After they register, fill out this form, and we'll ship you an awesome mug for your referral. Note: Referral must be a first-time attendee of CME Live.
Q: Is financial aid available and how do I know whether I am eligible?
We are offering a limited number of CME Live scholarships for the 2021 conference so that all providers can attend regardless of means. Scholarship recipients will receive a 90% discount off the registration fee to CME Live 2021. Submit your scholarship application by 3/31/21 to apply.
To qualify for this scholarship, attendees must:
- Currently work or previously worked at an institution accredited to award CME/CE to members of the healthcare team.
- Not have previously received a CME Live scholarship.
- Have a financial impact, preventing them from otherwise registering.
Q: When does early bird registration end?
April 30, 2021
Q: What is the refund policy?
We are offering full registration refunds and no cancellation fees until May 9, 2021. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. After May 9, 2021, if a registrant has an extenuating circumstance that prevents her/him from attending the virtual conference, we will honor a refund on a case-by-case basis.
Q: How do I register my team for CME Live?
Upon completing the primary registration, you will see a button titled “Add Registration”. Click on that button to add multiple colleagues. A group discount will be applied after three or more colleagues have been added. Please note: All group registrations must be paid for under one credit card.
Q: How do I access the virtual conference on June 9-11, 2021?
Once you register for the conference, you will receive weekly updates from CME Live. Be on the lookout for more information about accessing the virtual conference platform.
Q: Will sessions be recorded, and will I have access to those recordings post event?
Most sessions will be recorded. Recordings will be posted if we obtain consent from the speakers.
Q: Can my team and I watch CME Live together under one account?
No. The expectation is each person attending CME Live will do so under his/her own unique login.
Q: I am from a company, organization, or association that is interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at CME Live. Where can I find more information on this?
We have several sponsorship and exhibit opportunities still available. Please contact Deanna Hudspeth if you would like to participate as a sponsor or exhibitor.
Q: Are continuing education credits available for participating in CME Live?
No, we have chosen not to award CE this year. As part of our post event evaluation, we will reconsider this stance for future years based on the needs/feedback of our attendees.
Q: STANFORD UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES: Can I use my STAP funds to pay for this event?
Yes, please register in STARS by clicking here.
Q: How do I justify my participation in CME Live to my manager?
Are you having a tough time convincing your leadership to attend CME Live? Whether you work in CME, CE, CPD or any other combination in the healthcare team education space, sometimes it takes the best negotiation skills to persuade your boss to attend a conference. We all need professional development to facilitate innovative thinking and draw out our inner CME/CE/CPD Steve Jobs. So, despair no more — here are SEVEN talking points you can put to work when asking the boss to attend CME Live on June 9-11, 2021.
- CME Live is entirely virtual and reasonably priced! If you’re a member of an association, simply use one of the discount codes to receive 20% off your registration fee.
- CME Live offers several hands-on workshops, learning sessions, and more. Pick from over 100 learning sessions over 3 days.
- CME Live is a virtual meeting place for learners from countless CE organizations around the world who are also tackling distance learning challenges applicable to our profession. Join our ever-growing learning community!
- CME Live offers you sessions to expand your mind. Learn about work/life balance, public speaking in a virtual setting, or best practices for preparing for future hybrid events…there’s something for everyone!
- CME Live offers fun, thought-provoking learning experiences intentionally interspersed with mindful breaks including virtual yoga/meditation and networking games. Don’t suffer from cognitive overload – we have your wellbeing in mind!
- CME Live gives you an opportunity to connect virtually with CME/CE/CPD contacts from across the country and internationally without leaving the comfort of your own home. Mix and mingle with colleagues from all corners of the world and across the spectrum of CME/CE/CPD!
- CME Live will reinforce skills that will help you address your learners’ educational needs today and in the future. Take away informational nuggets to enhance your programming and impact patient care!
We invite you to check out the CME Live website to learn more about the conference. There you have it: SEVEN, count em, SEVEN REASONS to nudge your manager’s approval of your attendance at CME Live. This is a meeting that comes to YOU. And while you’re at it: Bring your whole team and boss, too. This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn and grow together.
Do you have more reasons to add to this list? Share them with us!
Q: I didn't get to attend CME Live 2020. May I see last year's agenda and conference website?
Q: I have a question that is not listed above. Who do I contact?
Please e-mail email@example.com for any additional questions. A member from our staff will get back to you in 1-2 business days.
Connect with us
Kurt Snyder, JD, MBA IT
Chair, CME Live
Director of Continuing Medical Education
Jayzona Alberto, EdD, MS
Vice Chair, CME Live
Education Design and Assessment Associate, Continuing Medical Education
CME Live Announcements
- April 7, 2021 | Get your email inbox as fresh as a daisy at April's Onward Session
- March 31, 2021 | Join us Today: CME Live Onward- Step Up Your Virtual Marketing Game
- March 24, 2021 | Don't get Professional FOMO, Register today for CME Live 2021
- March 17, 2021 | Lucky You, Great Programs About Online Events + Education Coming Your Way
- March 12, 2021 | One Week Remaining to Submit Your Abstracts & Escape Room
- February 24, 2021 | Onward Webinar on Gamification & Education
- February 10, 2021 | Love to learn? Join Us for a Webinar on Gamification & Education at this month's CME Live: Onward
- January 26, 2021 | The Early Bird Catches the Savings: CME Live 2021 Registration is Now Open
- January 12, 2021 | Kickstart Your New Years Resolutions & Join Us for Some Professional Development
- December 7, 2020 | CME Live 2021 Call for Abstracts Now Open
- November 19, 2020 | Join Us for Some Reindeer Games at the December CME Live: Onward