IVS Admission Qualifications & Requirements
- To participate in the International Visiting Student (IVS) Program as part of Stanford Medicine, you must be officially registered as a student at your home school. IVS Program participants are enrolled at Stanford as a Visiting Student.
- When applying for IVS Program participation, all submitted materials become the property of the Stanford University School of Medicine Registrar's Office
- Eligible visiting students are in their MD program's final year of medical school. If you already have an MD degree or equivalent, you are not eligible to apply.
- All submitted documents MUST be in English or accompanied by an English translation that is a literal and complete version of the original document
Before applying, refer to the IVS - Clerkship Descriptions to access detailed information of elective clerkships that are open to IVS Program participants.
All quarters of each academic year at the Stanford University School of Medicine are heavily impacted with clinical rotation requests, including requests from visiting students. Stanford md students have priority in clerkship rotation scheduling. The next priority for scheduling, following Stanford md students, are domestic visiting students from schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education or Education Department of the American Osteopathic Association. The next priority for scheduling, after the above mentioned md student criteria, are international visiting md students.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee that you will participate in the IVS Program
- Applications reviewed and approved by the clerkship to participate in an elective does not guarantee that there will be available rotation spots to be scheduled into, by the School of Medicine Registrar's Office
- Incomplete online applications will not be reviewed