Previous Areas of Reseach
Since 2004, CIRGE scholars have been engaged in a wide range of ELSI research. Each research project involved interdiscplinary collaboration; faculty and staff hailed from fields as diverse as molecular biology and law, philosophy and medical genetics, health policy and computer science.
Current CIRGE projects primarily focus on ELSI issues related to genomic research on behavior. More information on these current projects can be found here.
Projects completed at CIRGE include:
- Disease Classification
- Documentary Film
- The Genetics of Antisocial Human Behavior
- Judiciary Perspectives on the Genetics of Alcohol Use Disorders
- Life Scientists, Society and Ethics
- Medical Students' Perspectives on Personal Genomics
- Genetic Testing for Psychiatric Disorders
- Genetic Research & Native Communities
- ELSI Issues Associated with Childhood-Onset Psychiatric Disorders