Chi-Li Pao Foundation
Hong Kong University Enrichment Year
CARE and the Chi-Li Pao Foundation have partnered with Hong Kong University (HKU) to offer an Enrichment Year placement opportunity at Stanford University. This year-long program invites one outstanding HKU student to Stanford University to pursue high-level research with conjunction with Stanford Faculty.
In conjunction with the Chi-Li Pao Foundation USA, Stanford University will host HKU students for the 2023-2024 Enrichment Year.
What is the HKU Enrichment Year?
The HKU Enrichment Year (EY) is specially designed to facilitate the enhancement of students’ total learning experience. Students are encouraged to initiate their own teaching and learning activities along the University’s six educational aims:
- Pursuit of academic/professional excellence, critical intellectual inquiry and life-long learning
- Tackling novel situations and ill-defined problems
- Critical self-reflection, greater understanding of others, and upholding personal and professional ethics
- Intercultural understanding and global citizenship;
- Communications and collaboration; and
- Leadership and advocacy for the improvement of the human condition
- Year-long core research project with a faculty member
- Optional additional projects aligned with student interest
- Academic events on campus
- Opportunity to sit in on Stanford classes
- Personalized mentorship from Stanford CARE faculty
- Opportunities to explore the Bay Area, California
How to Apply
Students interested in the Chi Li Pao Hong Kong University Enrichment Year are encouraged to apply using the SlideRoom link below. We encourage students to visit our CARE Faculty page to identify potential mentors and research projects.
The selection process will include an interview for our top candidates.
We look forward to reviewing your applications and welcoming you to Stanford University.
- Application Fee: $0
- Deadline to Apply: January 13th, 2023
- Eligible only to HKU MBBS students