Areas of Strategic Focus
CARE Community Health and Culture Fair brings together faculty, students, and community members for an afternoon of health screenings, talks and performances
The CARE Community Health and Culture Fair, held on April 27th, was a huge success!
The afternoon consisted of talks on health topics by Stanford Faculty and Guest Lecturers, Health Screenings, and Cultural Perofrmances. The speakers and health topics covered were:
- Melasma- Dr. Tyler Hollmig
- Cholesterol- Dr. Terry Moran
- Gastric Cancer- Dr. Joo Ha Hwang
- Alcohol Flush- Dr. Che-Hong Chen
- Cardiovascular Disease- Dr. Rajesh Dash
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer- Dr. A. Dimitrios Colevas
- Liver Disease- Dr. Samuel So
Health screenings included Alcohol Flush, Cholesterol, Glucose, Blood Pressure and Skin Checks. Participants also got the chance to receive a complimentary massage!
Guests were treated to the wonderful performances by Raagapella, MLH Vietnamese Dance, as well as a Dance and Drum performace.
Watch the video above to learn more about CARE and the Health Fair.