To investigate the brain basis of attention, impulsivity, and cognitive control in children with ADHD.
- Up to $160 for completing the study
- Pictures of their brain
STAGES OF STUDY:
- Appointments 1: Clinical Interview
- During the first appointment, your child will complete a series of clinical assessment questionnaires administered by Stanford assessors. The first appointment will last approximately 3 hours. Participants will be compensated $50 for completing the appointment.
- Appointments 2: Neuropsychological Assessment
- During the second appointments, your child will complete a series of neuropsychological assessments administered by Stanford assessors. The assessments include measures of IQ, reading and math abilities. The second appointment will last approximately 3 hours. Participants will be compensated $50 for completing the appointment.
- Appointments 3: MRI Scan
- Participants will undergo a brain scan (MRI). Pictures of their brain will be taken while they complete computer-based cognitive control tasks. An MRI scan is a safe, non-invasive procedure that does not use x-rays or radiation. This appointment will last approximately 4 hours, including 1 hour mock scanner session and 3 hours MRI/fMRI scan session. Participants will be compensated $60 for completing both mock scanner and the MRI/fMRI scan sessions.