Latest information on COVID-19

Make a Gift

A gift to the Blood and Marrow Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Division supports cross-disciplinary research efforts, educational programs, and advancements in treatment and patient care.

 

 

Marrow Donor Program

Each year, 360-380 patients received blood or marrow transplantation at Stanford BMT program. These include 58% of patients who received high dose chemotherapy followed by autologous hematopoietic cell rescue (Autologous Transplantation). The other 42% of patients had hematopoietic cells from an allogeneic source, such as a HLA-mathced sibling donor, unrelated donors from National Marrow Donor Program, haploidentical donor, or cord blood (Allogeneic Transplantation). A new chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell program targeting tumor-specific protein has started this year.

We are also a National Marrow Donor Program donation site, and our Cellular Therapy Facility handles over 500 cell products annually.

Be the Match - Donors Event

Robust Clinical Program

Providing the best patient care

State-of-the-art facility and treatment

The BMT-CT program at Stanford is fully accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and is a member of the BMT Clinical Trials Network of the United States. As part of the Stanford Cancer Center we are dedicated to the advancement of cancer therapy. Our cell processing laboratory provides state-of-the-art techniques and novel therapeutic approaches designed to improve treatment outcomes.

If you are interested in more information about being a volunteer bone marrow or stem cell donor, visit the National Marrow Donor Program.

Get additional information about stem cell research at Stanford.

Pediatric transplants are performed by the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital’s Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Program.

Patient Care is our Priority

Expertise in Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)

The Stanford Blood and Marrow Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Program combines 25 years of treatment expertise, state-of-the-art research and comprehensive support services to provide the best possible outcomes. Offering treatment for malignant and non-malignant diseases, including lymphoma, myeloma, leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, and selected solid tumors, our program strives to integrate each patient into normal, everyday life.

Are you a patient or physician interested in CAR-T gene therapy? Send a request to the Stanford Blood and Marrow Transplant & Cellular Therapy Program or call 650-723-0822.