Biomedical Informatics Graduate Program
Biomedical Informatics for Stanford MSTP (Medical Scientist Training Program) students
For those already in the MSTP program
- You do rotations during M1-2. When you are ready to apply, file a Graduate Authorization Petition (via Axess).
- You should request that the MSTP office send us a copy of your MSTP application.
- You should submit directly to us:
- Note that GREs are not required, and there is no personal interview.
For current medical students applying to the MSTP program
- You apply to MSTP and you also apply to BMI through the standard Biosciences PhD procedure.
- MCATs can be supplied in place of the GREs (but strong performance on GRE could increase chance of acceptance in some cases).
- In-person interviews are typically early March.
- If you are not chosen by MSTP for funding, BMI will consider you in the normal application pool with training grant funding through BMI.