Biomedical Informatics Graduate Program
The Biomedical Informatics Program is an interdisciplinary graduate and postdoctoral training program, part of the Department of Biomedical Data Science. Our mission is to train future research leaders to design and implement novel quantitative and computational methods that solve challenging problems across the entire spectrum of biology and medicine. The program is flexible, and attracts applicants with training in biology, research and clinical medicine, computer science, data science and analytics, statistics, engineering and related disciplines. BMI is one of the home programs in the School of Medicine's Biosciences Programs. We have an active diversity recruitment program, and strongly encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented minorities, those from disadvantaged backgrounds, and those with disabilities. See our Diversity page for more information.
- Department of Biomedical Data Science
- Biosciences Admissions
- BMI Events
- BMI Journal Club
- BMI Student Wiki
- Clinical Informatics Fellowship
- Biosciences Calendar
- Academic Calendar
- Registrar (courses, policies)
- ExploreCourses (BMI)
- Disability Access at Stanford
- SCPD (distance education)
- School of Medicine Career Center
- Career Fairs
The Annual BMI Retreat (originally scheduled for September 13-15 at Asilomar) has been put on hold due to the earlier start of the Stanford Fall Quarter and the ongoing public health situation. We will present a revised plan for the start of the academic year here, likely a modified event. Please save the dates September 11 – 12, 2020. We look forward to returning to Asilomar in the near future.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (1:00 pm Pacific Time),
- Application for the 2021 Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is open and must be submitted through the KH program website.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 (11:59:59 pm PST),
- Academic MS and PhD applications for the 2021-22 year must be made through Graduate Admissions.