BioSci Careers is the only career center on campus allowing you to check out career and professional development books. Our books and online resources highlight a wide range of career topics, including career exploration, transitions, job sectors, professional development, and preparation for jobs in Academic, Biotechnology, Healthcare and many other sectors relevant to our PhD/MD/MS students and postdoctoral trainees.
We are pleased to announce two different ways to access book resources:
Per popular demand, we now offer online books through the Career Library.
To access hard copy books, visit (lane.stanford.edu). To find titles:
- Search “BioSci Careers” on Lane Search
- OR searching the “Course Reserves” section linked on the main page of the Lane Library website
- complete a Basic Search for items from the Course: “BioSci Careers 000: SoM Career Center”
The following online resources are available to Stanford University students, trainees, staff and faculty. They provide career overviews, application samples, company details, job/internship postings and advice to both US and international job seekers and aid in the exploration of potential career fields.
A resource for faculty and staff to engage in difficult conversations and better support students, postdocs, and research staff. Last updated 6/29/20
BioSci Careers provides career development programming and services to all School of Medicine graduate and medical students, residents, postdoctoral fellows and alumni. The Industry Insights program is a regular series in which companies and agencies from across various sectors speak about trends, developments and business strategies within the life and medical sciences. The below collection is a sampling of past Industry Insights events.
The archive is a curated collection of past career presentations, including guest speakers and discussion panels. Both videos and slides are available, sorted by industry focus. See what you may have missed here.
- Your Queer Career, Riley B. Folds
- Trans in the Workplace: The Complete Guide to the New Authenticity for Employers and Diverse Professionals, Vanessa Sheridan
- The Book of Pride: LGBTQ Heros Who Changed the World, Mason Funk
- Human Rights Campaign: LGBTQ Employee Resources
- The Value of LGBT Equality in the Workplace
Stanford Medicine is home to:
Transgender Health and Support Resources:
- Transgender Support: Gender Expansive Support at Stanford
- Official Guide to Trans Resources at Stanford
- Vaden Health Services: Transgender Health
- Vaden Health Services: Interactive Student Transgender/Gender Expansive Health Resource Guide
- Gender Inclusive Stanford
- Queer Student Resources: Trans &
- Leslie B. Vosshall: How to give a chalk talk for a tenure-track position in the biomedical sciences
- Ashley Rowland and Christina Szalinski: Preparing Your Academic Chalk Talk
- Charles Brenner: Demystifying the Chalk Talk
- Recommendations for Skype Interview Preparation
- Science Careers 2017 Career Handbook
- Top Salaries for Class of 2016 Advanced Degree Grads
- Purpose at Work: The Largest Global Study on the Role of Purpose in the Workforce
- Biomedical Research Workforce Working Group Report
- 2014 National Sciene Foundation Doctorate Recipients From U.S. Universities
- NPA Postdoctoral Core Competencies
- Graduate Professional Development Framework
- Pathways professional development podcasts from IU School of Medicine