Clinical Services at Arbor Free Clinic
Arbor Free Clinic is an acute care clinic providing free medical care for adults who lack health insurance. Unfortunately, we do not provide pediatric care. Spanish and Mandarin interpreters are available every Sunday to assist patients in person. We also work with a phone-based interpreting service for all languages.
Services We Provide
For in-person dates, Arbor provides services on a first-come, first-served basis. For telehealth dates, Arbor provides services on appointment basis. The following services are offered free-of-charge:
- General Medical Care
- Physical Exams
- HIV Counseling
- Free Lab Testing (One-Time Only)
- Free X-Rays (Basic Imaging)
- Low-Cost Prescriptions (We Cannot Provide Refills for Returning Patients)
- Referrals to Specialty Clinics
Important Note About X-Rays
Some Arbor patients have been incorrectly billed for this service at Stanford. If you receive a bill, please do not pay it. Scan a copy of the bill and send it to email@example.com along with your date of birth, and the date of your visit to Arbor.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Prescription Refill Policy
Please note: We can give a 90-day supply of most medications if you come to clinic and are seen by a doctor. For additional refills, we can provide medications as a bridge until you establish care with a primary clinic outside of Arbor.
Services Not Provided
We do not provide the following services in our general clinic but can provide referrals for most of the following:
- Dental Care
- Eye Exams
- Immunizations and Vaccinations
- Travel Shots
- Ongoing Primary Care
- Medical Care for Children
- Controlled medications (e.g. opioids, benzodiazepines such as ADHD medications, etc.)
- Post-surgical care
- Fracture care (e.g. removing casts, splints, etc.)
- Procedures in primary care (e.g. suture placement, abscess drainage, toenail removal)
Specialty Services - By appointment only
In addition to walk-in services available every Sunday, we also offer the following specialty services upon referral by an Arbor physician:
- Cardiology: The Cardiology Clinic works with patients to help keep their hearts and cardiovascular system healthy.
- Dermatology: The Dermatology Clinic sees patients with skin complaints and can screen for suspected skin cancer.
- Mental Health: The Mental Health Clinic offers assistance for psychiatric needs, including depression and anxiety. This clinic can prescribe medication and offer short-term counseling, as well as referrals for longer-term mental health support.
- Musculoskeletal (Orthopedics): The MSK clinic sees patients with muscle, bone, or joint-related complaints. This clinic can order x-rays and make referrals to physical therapy if needed.
- Neurology: The Neurology Clinic sees patients with seizures, headache, backache, palsies and tics, insomnia, and other nervous system problems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic: The Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic provides services and referrals for gynecologic health needs. This clinic offers physical exams, breast and pelvic exams, pap smears, STD and pregnancy testing, information and prescriptions for birth control, and other services.
- Ophthalmology Clinic: The Ophthalmology Clinic provides diagnoses of eye diseases and treatment for the eye.