Arbor Free Clinic's Immersion in Community Medicine Program
Thank you for your interest in the Arbor Free Clinic Immersion in Community Medicine program!
The Immersion in Community Medicine program was created to extend Arbor's mission of engaging with our communities and education future healthcare leaders in the area surrounding our clinic: Its goals are:
- To inspire high school students to enter the field of medicine, particularly for those who come from under-served or disadvantaged backgrounds;
- To encourage the students to serve their local community;
- To foster valuable mentoring relationships with undergraduates, medical students, and physicians.
- Complete 5 educational, mentoring, and shadowing sessions with Stanford physicians, medical students, and undergraduates over the course of 5 consecutive Saturdays (10 - 11:30 AM).
- Participate in case study discussions, interact with Arbor Free Clinic's medical directors and student volunteers, and undergo patient interview and vital signs training.
- Work with your program peers on creating a project and presentation about a common health problem affecting the community.
Apply for AFC's Immersion in Community Medicine Program!
The ICM program for Summer 2022 is five weeks long, no cost, and begins on Saturday, August 6, 2022 and continues every Saturday through September 3, 2022 from 10am-11:30am PDT using Zoom. The application form is linked below is due Friday, July 29, 2022 by 6:00pm PDT:
Students will not need any vaccinations to join this program as it is virtual, and students from all grade levels are eligible to apply. Furthermore, with ICM being virtual, we are open to applicants outside of the Bay Area.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with submitting the application, please do not hesitate to email Karla Manzanares, ICM Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted students will receive an email of acceptance.
Please check your junk and spam folders regularly for ICM program notifications.