Disep I. Ojukwu, MD, MBA, MPH
VA Polytrauma Post Doctoral Fellow
- Dr. Disep Ojukwu received her MD/MBA dual degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine and her Master of Public Health (MPH) degree from Loma Linda University School of Public Health as a triple major in epidemiology, international health, and biostatistics.
- She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from UCLA.
- Prior to attending medical school, she worked as a public health statistician at a county health department in California and was actively involved in investigating disparate health outcomes among minority communities.
- Currently, she is a VA Polytrauma Postdoctoral Fellow focusing on health disparities, social determinants of health, and equity in neurological injuries and rehabilitative care.
- As an Associated Health Fellow, she aims to use her statistical knowledge and experience to explore disparities in the brain injury population within databases at the VA Palo Alto Polytrauma Department and Stanford School of Medicine.
- These findings will help to undergird policies and guidelines in various sectors in which neuro-axis injuries are of concern for Veterans, military personnel, and civilians.