Our mission is 3-fold:
- Improve Diversity in the Department of Radiology
- Foster A Culture of Growth and Equal Opportunities for Everyone
- Prove that Diversity Makes a Difference
Through our diversity initiative, we are leveraging our combined potential and taking outstanding medical care, world-class education and groundbreaking scientific advances to the next level. We aim to create a circle of growth for every player and the whole ensemble: Developing the players will lead to a better ensemble and developing the ensemble will improve the performance of the players. To accomplish this, we are fostering diversity of thought, experiences, and perspectives. Inspiring each other to unleash our collective creativity, creating a culture of growth, fulfillment, and prosperity that far exceeds what we could have achieved individually.
- Foster stronger well-being among faculty, trainees and staff.
- Democratize outdated concepts of fiefdoms in medicine
- Enable everyone to contribute to solving problems and helping others.
We believe in a culture where everyone is valued, where “they” become “us”, and where we can unleash that magical collective force that will create a better future for all of us.
Our goal is to create a medical community that is reflective of the community and the world that we serve. We believe that we can best achieve this goal by addressing systems of privilege including those based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and physical ability. Representation matters, period. Our mission and values align with the goals of Stanford Medicine.