About Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Adobe Experience Manager Websites
Drag and Drop to Design. No Software. No Code.
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a rich toolset that empowers faculty and staff to create responsive, mobile-friendly websites. For authors, AEM is a simple drag and drop content management system (CMS) — no need to code, no HTML required. The system also makes it easy to organize and share your digital assets, including images and documents.
The Advantages of AEM
- As long as you have an internet connection, AEM's browser-based editing means you may log in and edit your site anywhere with your SUNet ID
- Drag and drop components allow you to customize the layout and design a site that works with your content
- The Digital Asset Management (DAM) system integrates search with drag and drop placement of images, video, documents, CAP profiles, and Stanford Medicine news into your site
- Integration features for top social platforms make it easy to connect with your audience, including a Twitter feed component
- Multimedia embedding for videos from MediaSpace and YouTube, and podcasts
- Easy to use web form and e-mail form templates
- Automatic and related link navigation
- Easy to create news and events lists
- Sync with CAP profiles
Choice of Themes
There are two website themes from which to choose in AEM: Everest and McKinley. The primary difference between them is navigation placement (left side vs. horizontal). K2 is our custom theme and used sparingly. You will select your site's theme when you request a new site, so take some time to review the options. Each theme is fully responsive, cross-browser compatible, and meets accessibility guidelines.
This theme is based on the top-tier general use pages. The navigation is a three tier vertical layout.
This theme offers a flexible horizontal navigation system with a wide canvas for content.
K2 (Custom Toolkit)
This is a toolkit with design elements approved for digital use that can be combined creatively to build custom sites.
NOTE: K2 is not available for general use. This is a custom template used for sites that require special needs.