Checklist for New Students, Post-Doctoral Fellows & Staff
- Read and familiarize yourself with the most current version of your laboratory's Administrative Panel for Laboratory Animal Care (APLAC) protocol before you begin working with animals.
- See your lab manager and add your name to your lab's APLAC protocol.
- Familiarize with the APLAC Guidelines
- Familiarize with Stanford University Policies.
- Learn more about laboratory animal occupational risks
- Enroll in the Laboratory Occupational Health and Safety Program (LAOHP).
- Learn about and enroll in the Lab Partners Program.
- Understand logistics and proper methods of working with laboratory animals.
- Receive appropriate training for your procedure(s) before you begin working with animals.
Updated September 28, 2020