What do the researchers hope to learn in this study?
We are studying a non-drug intervention, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), to learn if targeted brain stimulation can improve memory, and if so, for how long after a course of treatment.
If this study finds that rTMS improves memory, further clinical development of rTMS could improve the level of functioning of millions of older adults who have MCI or who will have AD dementia in the coming years.
Who can participate?
- Age 55 to 90 years of age with a slight but noticeable decline in memory.
- In good health.
- Have a spouse, friend, or relative who is willing to attend some of the study visits.
What are the benefits of taking part in this study?
- You may experience an improvement in your memory; however we cannot, and do not, guarantee or promise that you will receive any direct benefits from this study.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
Will I be paid for taking part in this study?
- You may be compensated a total of $900 for time and any meal costs.
For more information, please contact: Nicole Strossman 650-852-3457