Our Center provides a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation by a multidisciplinary clinical research team. The evaluation includes:
- Assessment and diagnosis of memory problems through neurological, psychiatric, and psychological evaluations, as well as a review of medical history
- Family conferences to review the results of the evaluation and to discuss recommendations for care
- Reports to private physicians, when requested
- Support groups and patient/family educational seminars
- Consultation and support throughout the course of the illness
Individuals with concerns about their memory or are looking for a baseline assessment may be referred by self, their family, community agency, or personal physician. The Stanford/VA Alzheimer's Center is not limited to Alzheimer’s disease. We have the expertise to diagnose complex or unusual cases, and are happy to provide second opinions. Veterans and non-veterans are welcome.
There is no cost for services provided at our Center. However, individuals may be referred to their personal physician for tests necessary to complete a diagnostic workup, such as laboratory tests and/or brain scans, and will be responsible for any associated costs.
Please contact Jeanette Green, Clinical Research Coordinator, at 650-858-3915 to determine eligibility.