Graduate Program Application Requirements
Graduate applicants to the Structural Biology program require:
- A Bachelor's Degree, having completed at least one year's course work in biology, mathematics, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, and physics. The department is particularly interested in students who have carried out original research during their undergraduate studies.
- GRE® (Graduate Record Examination®) General Test is required. The Subject Test (in Biochemistry, Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Physics) is recommended but not required. For more information on registering for the GRE, call 1-609-771-7670 or review the information online at http://www.gre.org.
Stanford Institution Code: R4704.
- Foreign applicants whose first language is not English are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within the last eighteen months. This requirement can be waived for candidates that have recently completed two or more years of study in an English-speaking country.
Helpful Links and Info:
- All applications must be submitted through the Graduate Admissions office.
- Applications are processed by the Biosciences Programs Office.
- Detailed information on how to complete your application is available at the Admissions to the Biosciences PhD Programs page.
1. APPLICATION DEADLINE should be updated to Tuesday, December 1, 2016.
2. Original transcripts and all supporting documents should be sent to:
Biosciences Ph.D. Admissions
1265 Welch Road, MSOB X1C12
Stanford, CA 94305-5421
All recommendations must be submitted using the online application system. Three letters of recommendation are required. As part of the online application, you will be required to register the names and contact information, including e-mail addresses, of your recommenders. Recommenders will then receive an e-mail with directions on how to proceed. Letters of recommendation cannot be emailed or faxed.
For additional information please contact:
Biophysics and Structural Biology
1215 Welch Road, Modular A, Room 89
Stanford, CA 94305-5417