Education & Training
On This Page
Clinical Research Operations Program
The Clinical Research Operations Program offers classes specific to clinical research involving human subjects. The goal of the program is to raise the quality of clinical research across Stanford and to enhance the career growth of our clinical research personnel. Class instructors include faculty and staff with clinical research expertise from across Stanford University.
Benefits of Participation
- Gain knowledge related to conducting clinical research in compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Prepare for Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) and Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) certifications
- Enhance career growth and advancement
Register for Class
Stanford Clinical Research Operations Certification
To receive a Stanford Clinical Research Operations Certification:
- Download the Certification Class Checklist
- Complete core classes. To receive credit for core classes you must:
1. Attend in person if classroom option is offered
2. Complete the associated quiz within 30 days of participating in the class.
3. Complete the associated evaluation within 30 days of participating in the class
- Complete 4 elective classes (classes offered by SCCR - Stanford Center for Clinical Research, Lane Library, CCTO , or other Stanford CTSA classes, qualify as electives)
- Complete all core and elective classes and register for the exam within a 24-month period
- Earn a passing score on the certification exam
The next exam will be held on October 27 and 29, 2020, at 9:00am. Please indicate your date preference when you register. There is a maximum number of seats for each date. We will do our best to accommodate your first choice. To register for the exam, submit the following documents to Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Certification Class Checklist with the date each class was attended
- Current completion certificates for the Stanford required trainings listed below:
Deadline for completing all certification requirements and applying for the exam is September 28, 2020.
- Attend 10 classes over a 2-year period (3 must be Clinical Research Operations Certification Program core classes)
- Be current with Stanford required trainings listed below:
- Submit Recertification Form to Workforce Development at email@example.com up to 60 days prior to your expiration date.