Our funders are critical to the realization of SPARK's mission.
We would like to say a special thank you to all of our supporters for their continued commitment to the success of the SPARK Translational Research Program.
Child Health Research Institute
Stanford's Child Health Research Institute continues to enable SPARK's research in the area of maternal health. We are grateful for their ongoing support. Current SPARK projects funded by CHRI include:
- PI: Matthew Porteus, MD, PhD - Genome edited airway stem cells as a durable cell-based therapy to treat cystic fibrosis
- PI: Helen Blau, PhD - Design of Muscle Stem Cell Targeting Prodrug for Muscle Regeneration
- PI: Edward Bertaccini, MD - Refining a New Class of Anesthetic Agents for High Risk Populations including Infants and the Elderly
- PI: Michelle Monje, MD, PhD - GD2 CAR T Cell Therapy in Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma PI: Julie Baker, PhD A Non-invasive Diagnostic for Placenta Accreta
- PI: Julie Baker, PhD - A Non-Invasive Diagnostic for Placenta Accreta
- Co-PIs: Jeff Axelrod, PhD, Carlos Miller, MD - Novel formulation and repurposing of Gamma-Secretase inhibitors to restore epithelial health in the cystic fibrosis airway.
- PI: Rosa Bacchetta, MD - Epigenetic screening for primary immune deficiencies and immune dysregulation
- PI: Rosa Bacchetta, MD - Gene Corrected Autologous HSCs for the Treatment of IPEX Syndrom
- PI: Robson Capasso, MD - Heparin Binding – Epidermal Growth Factor as prevention for post tonsillectomy hemorrhage
- Co-PIs: Jennifer Frankovich, MD, Elizabeth Mellins, MD - Treatment Refractory Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS): Immunophenotyping to Inform Novel Treatment Approach