Stanford University ACGME Sleep Medicine Fellowship Training
The Stanford Sleep Medicine Center was the first fellowship program accredited by the American Sleep Disorders Association (ASDA). Our sleep fellowship is viewed internationally as the world's leading training program for sleep disorders medicine and thereby draws scholars and trainees from across the United States as well as from around the globe.
Our ACGME accredited fellowship is a one year clinical fellowship, sponsored by Stanford Hospital and Clinics. A diverse faculty from multiple specialties is engaged in training fellows. Training covers multiple aspects of sleep medicine including pharmacology of sleep, sleep disordered breathing, insomnia, narcolepsy, pediatric sleep, parasomnias, restless legs syndrome, neuro-degenerative disorders, sleep surgery, and orthodontics involving both children and adults. To learn more about the program, contact the Program Coordinator. To learn more about Graduate Medical Education at Stanford, please visit http://med.stanford.edu/gme/programs.html
Individuals who are Board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Otolaryngology, Family Medicine, and Anesthesia through an ACGME accredited program is a minimal requirement. Those who have additional Boards are also eligible (e.g., Pulmonary Medicine, Clinical Neurophysiology). Practicing physicians wishing to specialize in Sleep Medicine are encouraged to apply.
The Stanford sleep medicine fellowship program has openings starting on July 1, 2019.
Applications are currently being accepted.
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty members who have worked with you in clinical settings.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (formerly known as the Dean's Letter)
- Official medical school transcripts
- Official copy of your United States Medical Licensing Examination scores.
3750 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3190, Telephone 215-590-9600
(If you are enrolled in an AAMC approved medical school in the US or Canada, we will accept a copy of your school's report of your scores provided it is verified as a true copy by your Registrar and stamped with the School seal.)
- If you are an International Medical Graduate, a copy of your ECFMG certificate, Evaluation Status Letter from the Medical Board of California, and ECFMG and Flex/USMLE exam scores. We will not review your application without these documents.
Current & Past Fellows (2012-2018)
Juancarlo Martinez Gonzalez