SCGPM is looking for motivated and talented graduate student interns.
The Stanford Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine (SCGPM) is dedicated to applying its expertise in the science and ethics of genomics to build a new collaborative model of science focused on transforming the practice of medicine. This new paradigm of patient-centered medicine gives doctors the ability to monitor the entire biological profile of individuals, vastly improving disease prediction and prevention, and the treatment of conditions such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, asthma, schizophrenia, and many others.
The SCGPM is seeking graduate student interns interested in working in the following research areas:
- Pervasive Computing in Healthcare
- Mobile programming (e.g., Android platform, iOS SDK)
- Large-scale Genomics Applications
- HPC programming (e.g., MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, MapReduce)
- Cloud infrastructures (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Large-scale computing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark, the Hadoop ecosystem, Google Dataflow)
- Large-scale Security and Privacy
- Vulnerability management and security configuration management experience
- Anonymized genetic data sharing
Our center is prepared to hire strong candidates who want to hone in their skills in a stimulating environment while contributing to cutting-edge health care projects. Interns will work with the SCGPM team for up to 3 months and be paid a stipend.
If you have experience in any of the above areas + coding proficiency in Python, Java and/or C/C++, please send an email to <email@example.com> by January 30, 2019 with the subject "Summer 2019 Internship Program: YOUR_NAME" and attach your resume/CV and cover letter (focus on why you want to use your skills to do biomedical research).
We look forward to hearing from you!