Designing Your Mixed Methods Research Project:
An Interactive Workshop
Thursday, March 15 - Saturday, March 17, 2018
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
This 3-day intensive workshop was created for individuals who wish to design or analyze a mixed methods research project using qualitative and quantitative methods. Participants will complete the workshop with a personalized design and implementation plan for their projects.
John W. Creswell, PhD
Co-Director, Michigan Mixed Methods Research and Scholarship Program
Professor, Department of Family Medicine
University of Michigan
Who Should Attend:
Researchers, faculty, staff, and students motivated to design a mixed methods research project using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
What to Expect:
• Work on your mixed methods proposal, research study, or manuscript
• Improve your project with rigorous methodology using an interactive-participatory format
• Refine your project through group consultation with leading methodologists and group feedback
Requirements for Enrollment:
Participants who will benefit the most from this workshop will be actively designing, conducting, revising or analyzing a mixed methods project.
Early Registration Discount Extended to March 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm (PST)
$1000 Students, $1400 Faculty
Discounted rates available for groups of five or more, students, and S-SPIRE faculty. Please contact Ashley Duby for discounted rates.
March 2, 2018 through March 15, 2018, flat rate
$1200 Students, $1600 Faculty
Testimonials from previous Mixed Methods Workshop at the University of Michigan
North-West University, South Africa
“A high quality workshop where theory and practice come together”
~ Herman Grobler, PhD
University of Michigan, United States
“Fantastic! One of the most, actually THE most effective conferences I have been to in a long time!"
~ Gurjit Sandhu, PhD
Tyoto University, Japan
“The workshop was intensive and fantastic!”
~Taichi Hatta, MSc, Research Fellow
The Stanford Guest House
2575 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone: 650-926-2800 Fax: 650-926-5388
The Stanford Guest House has provided a discounted rate for registrants attending the S-SPIRE Spring workshop. The discounted group rates apply until the reservation deadline of February 12, 2018, or until all rooms in the group block have been reserved. After February 12, guest rooms and discounted group rates will not be available.
We encourage you to confirm your reservation early!
OTHER HOTEL SUGGESTIONS
- Hotel Keen, 425 High Street (off Lytton), Palo Alto, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 327-2775 Distance from workshop: 1.1 miles
- The Clement Hotel Palo Alto, 711 El Camino Real, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 322-7111 Distance from workshop: 1.1 miles
- Westin Palo Alto, 673 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, Ca 94301 Phone: (650) 321-4422 Distance from workshop: 1.1 miles
- The Epiphany Hotel, 180 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 666-3311 Distance from workshop: 1.3 miles
- Cardinal Hotel, 235 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 323-5101 Distance from workshop: 1.3 miles