tN2O Clinical Study
Exploring Nitrous Oxide effects for PTSD
about the tn2o study
PTSD seriously disrupts the lives of many Veterans. Current first-line pharmacological treatments often fail to bring meaningful improvement, leaving these Veterans with distressing and impairing symptoms. Developing more effective and more rapidly effective therapeutic options is critical. The purpose of the study is to assess efficacy of nitrous oxide in PTSD and the duration of its short-term therapeutic effects.
Purpose: To understand the effects of nitrous oxide in PTSD.
This clinical study is a Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) PTSD Research Study and is listed on ClinicalTrials.gov.
participate in tn2o study
The Rodriguez Lab is looking for adult veterans 18-65 years old with symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:
- Free diagnostic evaluation
- Free test of your memory and attention
You can participate if:
- You are between the ages of 18-65
- You are a Veteran
- You are currently experiencing symptoms of PTSD
- You are willing and able to understand and complete consent procedures
- You have the capacity to provide informed consent
You cannot participate if:
- You are pregnant or nursing female
- You have major medical or neurological condition which would make participation unsafe
Duration of Study Involvement
- Each individual will participate in a free diagnostic evaluation by experienced clinicians
- If eligible, the study will involve a single in-person visits with a single dose for one hour inhalation of 50% nitrous oxide, an odorless, colorless gas FDA approved as an induction agent for dental sedation
401 Quarry Rd
Stanford, CA 94305-5715