Hoarding Disorder - Resources
This component of our website is a collaboration between the Rodriguez Lab at Stanford University and Linda Merrifield, RN, MPH, who created, under Peninsula Community Services, Inc, the popular website Hoarders.org. and managed it as a volunteer. Hoarders.org is merging with the Rodriguez Lab at Stanford University in order to provide high quality and up-to-date data and information to the individuals that suffer from Hoarding Disorder and their families.
Our goal is to provide a selection of educational resources designed to educate and assist the public, families, professionals, and individuals suffering from problems related to Hoarding Disorder. Our objective is to improve health, reduce safety, hazards, and provide relief for those individuals impacted by this disorder.
Rodriguez Lab and Linda Merrifield, RN, MPH
Highlights and Upcoming Events
International OCD Foundation's 24th Annual OCD Conference
- Friday-Sunday, July 7-9th
- Since 1993, the International OCD Foundation’s Annual OCD Conference has been the only national event focused solely on obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders. This extraordinary event brings together mental health professionals, individuals with OCD and their loved ones, with the goal of updating all attendees about the latest treatments, research and practice in OCD and related disorders.
- The Conference features more than 100 presentations, workshops, and evening activities, as well as nearly two-dozen support groups. Our presenters include some of the most experienced and knowledgeable clinicians and researchers in the field, as well as individuals with OCD and family members who graciously share their stories.
- To see the event schedule, click here.
Upcoming Recycling events
Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, and Mountain View
2018 Recycling Events
2018 Shredding Events:
- Saturday March 17, 8am - 12pm
- Saturday July 14, 8am - 12pm
- Saturday, November 3, 8am - 12pm
- Location: SMaRT Station, 301 Carl Rd., Sunnyvale
- - Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, and Mountain View residents only. Proof of residency required.
- - Limit five (5) paper bags or banker size boxes per household.
- - Event ends at noon sharp. Late arrivals will be turned away.
2018 Medication and Thermometer Disposal Events:
- Wednesday March 28, 10:30am - 1:30pm
- Wednesday September 19, 10:30am - 1:30pm
- Location: Sunnyvale Senior Center (Sequoia Room), 550 E. Remington Dr., Sunnyvale
- - No charge to properly dispose of medications and mercury thermometers.
2018 Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Events:
- Saturday April 21
- Saturday July 21
- Saturday October 20
- - Appointments are required for all HHW events. To schedule, visit HHW.org or call: 408-299-7300.
- - Santa Clara Country residents only; proof of residency required.
- - Weekly appointments in San Jose are available year-round.
For residents in and around Sunnyvale, CA:
- A list of locations that recycle batteries is available here. (Note: the list in in alphabetical order by city.)
- A list of locations that recycle electronics and other e-waste is available here.
- A list of locations that recycle used motor oil is available here.
- A list of locations that recycle other car-related items is available here.
- A list of locations that recycle houshold paint is available here.
- A list of locations that recycle fluorescent lamp is available here.
For Northern California residents outside of Santa Clara County, a list of Household Hazardous Waste programs from other counties if available here.