Proposal Preparation and Submission
The Research Management Group (RMG) Fellowship Team will provide guidance to Predocs and Postdocs on the development of fellowship proposals and will review, countersign, and submit proposals as the Institutional Official.
Fellowship Proposal Checklist - Required steps to take for all proposals
Processing applications requires a thorough review of all documents, and entry into the University pre-award tracking system (SeRA). Therefore, Stanford policy requires that all investigators (PIs) submit their Fellowship Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF) and application materials to the Research Management Group 5-working days prior to the agency deadline. Complete applications are processed in the order received.
Submit Fellowship Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF)
In order to login to SeRA, Postdocs are required to have a SUNET ID. Departments are responsible for sponsorship of SUNET IDs. Please contact your Department Student Services official to obtain a SUNET ID.
Postdocs applying for fellowship funding are required to complete a Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF) in SeRA. The PDRF captures information necessary for proposal review and endorsement by Stanford University. The PDRF also documents the approvals required (department, Mentor, Institutional Official, etc.) for submission of a proposal.
PDRF attachments should include:
- Copy of the Sponsor program announcement
- Scientific Summary/Abstract
- Budget Detail
- Final completed proposal
Changes to the proposal application will NOT be allowed once the PDRF is in institutional review.
The applicant and/or department is responsible for:
- Notifying Fellowship Office of intent to apply
- Completing all parts of the proposal application
- Scientific corroboration
- Obtaining PDRF approval and submiting final documents to the Fellowship Office 5 business days before the deadline.
- Photocopying (when applicable)
- Mailing/emailing final documents to sponsor (when applicable)
Applications should be carefully checked before photocopying, mailing or emailing to sponsor.
The Institutional Representative is responsible for:
- Reviewing the application for compliance
- Signing the application
- Submitting application electronically (when required by sponsor agency)
- Providing a cover letter, if required.