Functional Neurological Disorder Program
Who May Benefit?
- Patients with neurologic symptoms incompatible with established medical illness
- Patients who need to establish mental health care
- FND patients who have health care but whose symptoms have not improved
- Patients with multiple co-morbid psychiatric illnesses that need treatment
- There is no longer a requirement for clinicians to identify psychological factors or establish that the patient is not feigning illness
- Behavioral interventions
- Physical therapy
- Virtual reality
Depending on the severity of the condition and the location of the patient, treatment can be offered through the following means:
- Outpatient – weekly outpatient services including group therapy, individual psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, virtual reality therapy, rTMS and psycho-pharmacological management delivered on-site
- Intensive FND Day and Residential Program – Non-residential partial day hospitalization or residential program. Suited for patients who require intensive daily treatment to regain function
- Intensive Treatment Plan in Community – Patients completing FND treatment or unable to participate with on-site therapy will receive treatment plans designed around the local resources available to the patient
The referring physician continues to be an ongoing partner, collaborating to oversee overall patient care across all stages of psychological treatment.
Research & Follow-up Care
Patients are offered an opportunity to participate in national and international studies investigating FND diagnosis and treatment throughout the process of evaluation and treatment.