TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE AND SERVICES
Complimentary Short-Term Technical Assistance
The OCE offers an array of complimentary and fee-based technical assistance and consultation services to faculty, trainees, and community partners. To maximize effectiveness, please connect with OCE as early in the research process as possible. Also, please read our policies on requesting services detailed below.
- Development of partnership agreements
- Planning to identify community engaged-related research priorities
- Meeting facilitation with community partner(s)
- Matchmaking potential faculty or community partners
community engagement advising
- Choosing the most effective CE strategy
- Review of community-engaged components of grant proposals
- Developing skills to utilize effective principles of engagement
- Strategizing potential community stakeholders and advisers for research project
- Troubleshooting with regard to Stanford systems and non-profit structures
In-Depth or Long-Term Community Engagement Services
The OCE team also provides community engagement services and staffing on projects requiring more in-depth community engagement components.
Center for Population Health Sciences: Community Engagement Seed Grantees are offered one year of free, in-depth or long-term technical assistance to support the investment made by PHS as well as spur growth for projects to generate future funding and research.
- Community advisory board development facilitation (i.e., structure, evaluation, charter)
- Meeting facilitation (i.e., planning, conflict management, project implementation)
- Evaluative services for partnerships and programs
Grant writing & Content Expertise
Co-develop study design
Grant writing support
-Write the community engagement -section of grants, including related budget forms, and frameworks
-Review community engagement section of grant and provide guidance
-Identify stakeholders and partners and coordinate letters of support
- Research support (i.e., focus group facilitation, data analysis)
OCE Policies for Requesting Services:
- Schedule an introductory meeting to discuss the scope and nature of the community engagement plan.
- Contact the OCE at least four weeks in advance of a grant submission. We advise investigators to contact OCE as soon as they know they are pursuing a grant.
- OCE staff resources will be included in the budget to accommodate staffing needs when investigators require on-going support in the areas of coordinating and gathering letters of support, developing a community engagement framework, budgeting, report writing, partnership development, etc.