May 15, 2020
International COVID-19 Conference
This multi-disciplinary conference will bring together public health officials, researchers, and physicians to share COVID information, discoveries, and stories
November 21, 2019
Seminar Series: Paul Novosad
Machine-age tools for understanding economic development: Harnessing new data sources on access to opportunity in India
October 25, 2019
Seminar Series: Josh Apte
Think Globally, Breathe Locally: Understanding Urban Air Pollution at Multiple Spatial Scales
June 18, 2019
Seminar Series: Philipp Koellinger
Risky behaviors and their links with health: New insights from statistically well-powered genetic and neuroscientific studies
March 28, 2019
Opioid Coding Bench Talk
Using claims data to analyze persistent opioid use and misuse following dental opioid prescriptions
- December 05, 2018 Seminar Series: Willem H. Ouwehand The 100 000 Genomes Project: Relevance for the transfusion community
- November 28, 2018 Community Engagement Lab Infusing the Three R's in Health Equity Research
- November 27, 2018 Population Health Interest Group [PHIG] Find your Funding: Searching and Identifying Grant Opportunities
- November 27, 2018 Seminar Series: Dr. P. Anandan Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Social Good
- October 30, 2018 Community Engagement Lab Keynote: Analilia Garcia, DrPH, MPH
- October 25, 2018 PHS/Redivis data training Cohort cutting tool
- October 23, 2018 India Research Roundtable Internet Saathi | Tata Trusts
- October 11, 2018 Optum Data Training For beginner and intermediate users
- October 09, 2018 Intro to health care claims
- October 09, 2018 Seminar Series: Edmon Begoli Building the "Discovery Instruments" for Precision Medicine and Population Health Research
- September 20, 2018 2nd Annual SPHERE Mini Symposium Keynote: Muin Khoury, Director, Office of Public Health Genomics, CDC
- June 12, 2018 Research Seminar: Liam JB Hill Movement Matters: Investigating the role movement plays in children's psychological and academic development
- June 11, 2018 Data Seminar: Liam JB Hill The Born in Bradford (BiB) Longitudinal Birth Cohort
- May 17, 2018 Seminar Series: John Brownstein The Digital Phenotype
- April 09, 2018 Seminar Series: Rayid Ghani Data Science for Social Good and Public Policy
- April 05, 2018 Seminar Series: Ralph Sundberg Conflict Data: State of the Art and State of the World
- March 16, 2018 Seminar Series: Denis Newman-Griffis Natural language processing approaches to extracting patient functioning from clinical data
- March 15, 2018 Data training: claims data For intermediate users of claims data
- March 01, 2018 Data training: claims data For beginner users of claims data
- February 27, 2018 Seminar Series: Michael Schoenbaum Predictive Modeling of Suicide Risk (and Other Applications of Mortality Data for Improving Mental Health Outcomes)
- February 21, 2018 Seminar Series: John W. Rowe Measuring the Adaptation of Countries to Societal Aging
- February 08, 2018 Frontier in Interdisciplinary Biosciences Seminar: Kathleen Mullen Harris Social, Behavioral, & Biological Linkages in Young Adult Health
- February 08, 2018 Seminar Series: Jonathan Kolstad The Role of Supply and Demand in Efficient Health Care Delivery: Evidence from Utah
- February 06, 2018 Frontier in Interdisciplinary Biosciences Pre-Seminar: Benjamin Domingue Social, Behavioral, & Biological Linkages in Young Adult Health
- February 05, 2018 Seminar Series: Victor Fuchs Opines Is Single Payer the Answer?
- January 31, 2018 Community Engagement Lab Community Engaged Research: Developing Strong Faculty & Student Partnerships
- January 25, 2018 16th Annual Community Health Symposium Keynote Speaker: Syed Ahmed, Medical School of Wisconsin
- January 24, 2018 Seminar Series: John Groopman The Changing Etiology and Rise of Liver Cancer: Opportunities for Prevention in High-Risk Communities
- January 23, 2018 Aarhus-Danish Stanford Research Partnership Registry Presentation: When the Entire Country is a Cohort | Mental Health Outcomes Workshop | Big Data Workshop
- November 09, 2017 Seminar Series: Jo Robinson Suicide Prevention Among Young People: A Snapshot from Australia
- November 08, 2017 Community Engagement Lab Engaging Your Community Partner In Your Research Project
- November 06, 2017 PHS Annual Symposium Learn about our most exciting datasets!
- October 27, 2017 Gear Up For Research Research fair for graduate students and post-docs from all schools and departments on campus.
- October 18, 2017 Gender Matters Symposium Why Sex In Science Isn't Enough
- October 05, 2017 Seminar Series: Jason Boardman "Statistical inconveniences and the re-reification of racial group membership"
- September 29, 2017 Data Training Truven and IPUMS
- September 21, 2017 ReproUnion Reproductive Medicine - Research Resources
- September 19, 2017 Seminar Series: Maria Glymour, ScD, MD "Lifecourse perspectives on dementia epidemiology: are we studying Alzheimer's disease or child development?"
- August 14, 2017 SPHERE Mini Symposium Stanford Precision Health for Ethnic and Racial Equity
- July 12, 2017 Seminar Series: Patrick Ryan, PhD, Janssen Research and Development "An Open Science Community Approach to Observational Research: Lessons from the Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics (OHDSI) collaborative"
- June 05, 2017 Stanford Federal Research Data Center (FSRDC) Conducting Research using Restricted-Access Data through the Stanford Federal Statistical Research Data Center
- June 01, 2017 Optum Training Part II Data Update - We Have Death!
- May 25, 2017 Child Health and Immigration Conference Topics: Immigration Policies, Health & Educational Systems, Demographics, Advocating
- May 23, 2017 Seminar Series: Nicole Bush, PhD The Biological Embedding of Early Life Adversity: Intergenerational Transmission, Reversibility, and Population Health
- May 22, 2017 Seminar Series: James H. Faghmous, PhD Machine Learning for the Triple Aim: Advances, Challenges, and Opportunities
- May 18, 2017 Seminar Series: Ursula M. Staudinger, PhD Plasticity of Aging: Lifespan Perspectives
- May 16, 2017 Guest Lecturer: Roger Thurow Book Tour: First 1000 Days
- April 26, 2017 Seminar Series: Marquitta J. White, PhD "Whole Genome Sequencing of Bronchodilator Response in Minority Children with Asthma"
- March 16, 2017 Seminar Series: Steve Cole, PhD "Social Regulation of Human Gene Expression"
- February 23, 2017 Seminar Series: Alfred Sommer, MD, MHS "Peripatetic Epidemiology In The Service of Global Health"
- February 21, 2017 Seminar Series: Dalton Conley, PhD "Reconciliation: Modelling GxE Across the Lifecourse"
- February 17, 2017 Born in Bradford Research Presentation "Born in Bradford: Can a Research Study Change a City?"
- February 16, 2017 Born in Bradford Data Presentation
- February 14, 2017 Seminar Series: Sandro Galea, MD, MPH, DrPH "Directions in Population Health Science: From Risks to Consequences"
- February 02, 2017 Faculty Research Fellows Chautauqua "Partnerships for Mental Health: Narratives of Community and Academic Collaboration"
- January 25, 2017 Holiday Open House 2017
- January 24, 2017 15th Annual Community Health Symposium Keynote Speaker: Monica McLemore, PhD, MPH, RN
- January 19, 2017 Clalit Research Presentation "Using Data and Analytics to Transform Care: Innovation in Practice"
- January 19, 2017 Seminar Series: Julia Adler-Milstein, PhD "Health Information Exchange as a Driver of Improved Population Health"
- January 18, 2017 Clalit Research Data Presentation "Clalit Research Institute Data"
- December 15, 2016 Seminar Series: Peter Muennig, MD, MPH "Can We Expect Health or Monetary Returns on Investments in Cash Assistance, Education, and Transit Policies?"
- December 06, 2016 PHS Research Trainee Group Meeting - Data Overview
- December 06, 2016 PHS Research Trainee Group Meeting
- November 29, 2016 Optum Data Training
- November 17, 2016 Adolescent Health Brown Bag Lunch
- November 16, 2016 Health Behavior Brown Bag Lunch
- November 15, 2016 Fast Pitch: Session 2
- November 09, 2016 Fast Pitch: Session 1
- November 08, 2016 Food Nutrition and Health Brown Bag Lunch
- October 19, 2016 Health and Environment Brown Bag Lunch
- October 14, 2016 Maternal Health and Newborn Survival: Innovation and Impact
- October 10, 2016 PHS Research Kick-Off Meeting
- May 26, 2016 Genes and Complex Human Phenotypes A Research Workshop
- May 25, 2016 Big Data in Biomedicine Conference: Enabling Precision Health Harnessing the world’s data to improve human health
- May 17, 2016 Achieving Health Equity: Tools for a National Campaign Against Racism
- May 17, 2016 LGBT: Importance of Data Collection Among Underserved Populations Office of Community Engagement Public Health Seminar Series: Emerging Trends in Public Health and Medicine
- May 10, 2016 Speakers | Amal Harrati, PhD and Robert Willis, PhD: 1) The Role of Cognitive Decline on Early Retirement and Disability 2) Does Job Complexity Offer Protection against the Mental Retirement Effect? PHS Seminar Series
- May 05, 2016 mHealth & other Technologies in Health Meeting PHS Working Group
- May 04, 2016 PHS Immigration & Health Interdisciplinary Symposium
- April 22, 2016 7th Annual Symposium on Genomics and Personalized Medicine
- April 22, 2016 Speaker | Raj Chetty, PhD: The Relationship Between Expectancy and Income in New Evidence & Policy Lessons PHS Seminar Series
- April 21, 2016 ChildX Symposium Designing Solutions for Maternal-Infant Health
- April 12, 2016 Homelessness: Social Determinants of Homelessness Office of Community Engagement Public Health Seminar Series: Emerging Trends in Public Health and Medicine
- February 12, 2016 Open DataFest Open data and academic research for better public health
- January 25, 2016 Spectrum Innovation Symposium Learn about new research on drugs, devices, diagnostics, population health sciences and health-care delivery
- January 14, 2016 Community Health Symposium Keynote: Travis Gayles, MD, PhD, CMO of District of Columbia Dept of Health
- November 19, 2015 METRICS Conference Improving Biomedical Research 2015 : Challenges and Solutions
- November 09, 2015 Enabling Precision Medicine through Genomic Interpretation Martin Reese, PhD, Co-founder, President and CSO of Omicia, a leading provider of genomic analysis software.
- November 04, 2015 Population Health Sciences and Big Data Lunchtime SEPI workshop with optional BRN credits
- November 02, 2015 Improving Research Methods and Practices: METRICS and Beyond A lunchtime forum on research on research
- October 26, 2015 Annual Population Health Sciences Colloquium -> Archive of presentations available This one-day program provides an overview of the population health sciences research from the Stanford community and experts around the world.
- October 22, 2015 Purpose Guided Trial Design in Behavioral Intervention Research Stanford Prevention Research Center Seminar Series
- September 18, 2015 Federal Statistical Research Data Center Annual Conference Showcase research from the nationwide network of Research Data Centers (RDCs)
- September 09, 2015 Population Health Sciences Working Group Launch The kick-off meeting for Stanford's PHS working groups.
- July 27, 2015 Diabetes in India Improving the prevention and control of diabetes and hypertension through comprehensive community based approaches in India
- July 15, 2015 The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype, and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine's Computer Age Medical Grand Rounds
- May 06, 2015 How Newly Available Quantitative Data on Policies in 193 Countries Can Shift the Field Social Policies and Global Health
- April 06, 2015 Frontiers in Scientific Research on Community Engagement A dialogue with Nina Wallerstein
- March 26, 2015 Individualized & Population Health: Two Sides of the Same Coin Spectrum, Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences | Distinguished Lecture Series
- October 15, 2014 Randomized clinical trials will never provide enough: In defense of observational evidence Spectrum, Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences | Distinguished Lecture Series
- September 09, 2014 Guidelines, cardiovascular health, and the public Stanford Cardiovascular Institute, Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences
- August 20, 2014 The big fat versus sugar debate: At the intersection of science and policy Spectrum, Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences | Distinguished Lecture Series
- July 09, 2014 Building the Learning Health System: Improving health care through data, technology, disciplined analysis, and action Spectrum, Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences | Distinguished Lecture Series