Valley Foundation Fellowships
Thanks to support from The Valley Foundation, the Office of Community Engagement (OCE, formerly Office of Community Health) sponsors a paid fellowship program of up to three months. The Valley Fellowship provides medical students with opportunities to work on community-responsive projects that meet a community-identified need in Santa Clara County or Southern San Mateo Counties.
- Be a current Stanford medical student
- Possess diverse skillsets and backgrounds
- Have a desire to shape the health and well-being of local populations, and commitment to social justice
- Address a specific need identified by a community partner
- Complete a contract with community partner outlining project goals, objectives, and time-commitment prior to the start of the felloship
- Complete within a three-month period during the summer months or academic year
- Focus on service-learning with clear project and learning objectives
- Incorporate scholarship
- Present scholarly poster at the annual Community Health Symposium (Jan. 2018)
Students earn up to $12,000 in support of projects completed at Community Based Organizations. The stipend amount is based on total hours of work. Payment is made in two installments.
Important 2017 Dates
- February 22 (Wednesday), Valley Fellowship Information Session
- March 29 (Wenesday), Begin Application Period
- April 28 (Friday), Applications Due
- May 15 (Monday), Valley Fellows Announced
- May 24 (Wednesday), Valley Fellowship Orientation
For more information, please email Jorge De Luna, Program Coordinator, Office of Community Engagement.