A new fellowship program to honor Dr. Sam Gambhir and to support postdoctoral fellows pursuing research in radiology and precision health.
The Sanjiv Sam Gambhir – Philips Fellowship Program in Precision Health supports promising postdoctoral researchers conducting investigations in the fields of radiology and precision health and medicine. These areas include but are not limited to the following:
- New or improved Diagnostic Mechanisms, e.g., genomics, molecular diagnostics, and home/point of care diagnostics.
- Advanced Analytics, e.g., deep learning on unstructured data, integration of genomics, pathology and imaging data, and early predictive biomarkers of disease onset.
- Imaging Modalities, e.g., clinical decision support, advancement of imaging modalities, imaging quantitation, human-computer interfaces for image interaction, and image segmentation/feature extraction.
- Precision treatment, e.g., data driven personalized interventions.
Awardees conduct their research in the laboratory of, and under the guidance of, a faculty member with an appointment in the Department of Radiology.
- Applications in response to this RFP will be solicited only from Postdoctoral Fellows who are or who will be working in the laboratory of a faculty member with an appointment in the Department of Radiology at Stanford University.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
- A Postdoctoral Fellow may submit only one application.
- The award mechanism will support only the Postdoctoral Fellow. Support for additional individuals (e.g., Investigators, Co-Investigators) is not permitted.
Submissions to this fellowship opportunity should be made using the following link:
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021 at 6pm
Questions regarding this Fellowship Program should be directed to Dr. Ryan Spitler (Deputy Director, PHIND) who can be reached by email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).