Pediatric Residency Program
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program. We welcome applications from all interested candidates.
Application materials MUST be submitted through ERAS.
Application Deadline: October 1
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than October 1.
- Completed ERAS application form
- MSPE ("Dean's Letter" from your school)
- Letters of Recommendation (3-4):
- Letter from Department of Pediatrics Clerkship Director
- Clinical letter from Pediatrics Clinical Faculty
- Clinical letter from any Non-Pediatrics or Pediatrics faculty member
- Optional: Letter from significant extracurricular activity, research, etc.
- A personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Score Transcript
- NRMP Number
If you are currently in a residency training program, a letter is also required from the program director. All International Medical Graduate applicants must send a status letter from the California Medical License Board. If you also hold a PhD, please also include a letter from your PhD advisor.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Additional letters of reference are accepted if sent through ERAS.
- We require that you have a passing USMLE score. Otherwise, we do not have a minimum score cut-off. We also do not have a graduation date cut off.
- We will accept COMLEX scores in addition to -but not in place of- USMLE scores.
- Only J-1 visas are sponsored through the Graduate Medical Education Office.
- While we encourage all interested students to spend time doing a visiting rotation to get to know LPCH better, we cannot guarantee an interview to every visiting student.