The philosophy of the Pediatric Residency Program at Stanford is to teach pediatric medicine by providing a broad-based exposure to the field through an optimal balance between general pediatrics, critical care and the pediatric subspecialties.
We are committed to integrating service and education by offering:
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient clinical experiences
- Multiple interfaces between research and clinical care
- Diverse opportunities for child advocacy
The mission of our training program is to educate physicians who will be prepared at the end of their training to become leaders in the field of Pediatrics as clinicians, teachers, researchers, and advocates.
We do this by stimulating and developing:
- Excellence and responsibility in patient care
- Critical thinking and questioning
- Technical competence
- Sound medical judgment and professional integrity
- Commitment to self-directed and life-long learning