Combined Pediatrics and Anesthesiology: How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program. We welcome applications from all interested candidates.
Application materials MUST be submitted through ERAS.
Application Deadline: October 1
For the Combined Program in Pediatrics and Anesthesiology, the ERAS application material should be sent to the Combined Program in Pediatrics and Anesthesiology. (If you are interested in also applying to the categorical programs in either Pediatrics or Anesthesia, please also apply through those ERAS programs.) For the Combined Program in Pediatrics and Anesthesiology, you will need to interview at both programs over 2 days.
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than October 1.
- Completed ERAS application form
- MSPE ("Dean's Letter" from your school)
- Letters of Recommendation (3-4):
- Letter from one of these members of your Institution's Department of Pediatrics: Chair, Clerkship Director, or Program Director
- Clinical letter from Pediatrics
- Clinical letter from Anesthesia
- Optional: Letter from significant extracurricular activity, research, etc.
- Personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Score Transcript
- NRMP Number
- If you are currently in a residency training program, a letter is also required from the program director.
- All International Medical Graduate applicants must send a status letter from the California Medical License Board.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional letters of reference are accepted if sent through ERAS.
- We require that you have a passing USMLE score. Otherwise, we do not have a minimum score cut-off. We also do not have a graduation date cut off.
- We will accept COMLEX scores in addition to -but not in place of- USMLE scores.
- Only J-1 visas are sponsored through the Graduate Medical Education Office.
- While we encourage all interested students to spend time doing a visiting rotation to get to know our program better, we cannot guarantee an interview to every visiting student.
Combined Pediatrics and Anesthesia Program
Anesthesia Residency Program Coordinator