Vision: To create outstanding clinicians and leaders in children's health.
The mission of our training program is to educate physicians who will be prepared at the end of their training to become leaders in the field of pediatrics as clinicians, teachers, researchers, and advocates.
WHY CHOOSE A STANFORD PEDIATRICS RESIDENCY PROGRAM?
- Train in one of the top-10 children’s hospitals in the nation as ranked by the US News and World Report 2017
- Expanding network of outreach clinics and affliated hospitals, serving an incredibly diverse patient population
- Diverse clinical exposure with regional and national expertise
- Outstanding track record of resident success in fellowships, academic positions, and general practice
- Recognized leaders in research with exceptional scholarship opportunities
- Phenomenal mentorship with national leaders in medical education
- Opportunities for local, regional and national advocacy
- Connection to the larger Stanford University community
- Bay Area Life - big city living with a small town feel
WHAT DO OUR GRADUATES DO AFTER RESIDENCY?
We have been fortunate to help residents match into top fellowship positions, superb pediatric practices, and exciting hospitalist positions across the United States and internationally.
Stanford pediatric resident becomes colleagues with a nurse who cared for him in the LPCH NICU
Total Residents (2018-2019) - 98 residents