The Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Research and Education, Spectrum, is a multidisciplinary organizational unit whose mission is to integrate critical services to support clinical and translational research. Among the many services provided by Spectrum are:
- Protocol development including biostatistics and informatics
- Ethics consultations; single point of contact for clinical research issues
- Study budgeting, billing, accounting and closeout
- Study education and training
- Assistance with IRB applications
- Clinical laboratory consultation and samples processing
- Internal compliance monitoring
- Research coordinator services
- Patient recruitment and enrollment
- Data and sample collection
- Data entry/management
- Stanford clinical trials website
Spectrum Child Health
Spectrum Child Health offers specialized services for child health researchers, including a centralized clinical core with research support personnel, assistance with scientific expertise and advice, mentoring and career development for junior investigators and multiple pilot funding programs. These services are available to Stanford faculty and trainees participating in clinical and translational research in children.
The Study Navigator is a web-based project tracker and collaboration tool designed to streamline the management of Stanford clinical and translational research projects. It provides a web-based dashboard for storing and accessing all essential study information in a single shared, easy-to-use database. Study Navigator also helps researchers:
- Schedule consultations with study design experts in:
- Find study grants, collaborators and mentors
- Request study resources such as clinic space, mentoring, protocol advice and core lab services
- Access study-specific budget and billing workbooks with a time-saving auto-fill feature
- Post and share meeting minutes, schedules, regulatory timelines and other documents
- Locate a Study Facilitator to help navigate the Stanford system
Clinical and Translational Research Unit (CTRU)
Spectrum's CTRU facilitates high quality clinical and translational research in both pediatric and adult subjects.
- Mentorship of junior investigators
- Outpatient and inpatient research nursing and clinical coordination
- Laboratory sample processing and specialized assays
- Bionutrition research support.
Clinical and Translational Science Awards: A national resource
Stanford's Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research is just one of over 50 centers in the U.S.; all funded by the National Institutes of Health Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA). The CTSA website includes Resources for Researchers provides web links to publically available information for basic, clinical, and translational research communities. Information is organized by source and subcategorized by topic.