Student Casual/Temporary Employee
Department of Pediatrics
If a student is appointed as a casual/temporary employee, the steps include:
1. To apply, Faculty Sponsor submits to Peds HR:
a. Stanford Employment Application
b. Current Resume
c. 3-5 Bullets of the position’s core duties
2. Peds HR initiates a background check and provides an approved salary range for the position.
3. If all clear, student signs/completes:
a. Offer letter
b. Confidentiality Agreement
c. Employee Information Sheet
4. Student meets with Peds HR to complete compliance trainings (3-4 hours).
5. Student can get a badge, with no building access.
Estimate Application Processing Time
- Student Trainee (non-minor): 4 hours
- Student Trainee (minor): 6 hours
- Student Trainee and Visiting Observer: 10 hours