Faculty Licensing & Clinical Privileges
For the most part, many of these renewals come in the mail or via email to the physician with plenty of notice (30 - 45 days or more) to complete and submit the paperwork. However, if you support a physician, it's always a good idea to know when these items are due to expire, and keep an eye out for the renewals.
Clinical Privileges at Stanford Health Care (SHC) - Every 2 years
Clinical Privileges at Stanford Children's Hospital (LPCH) - Every 2 years
Renewal notices come to the physician via email several months in advance. The email contains a link to the PHP (Practitioner's Hope Page) where the physician logs in and completes the renewal process. The PHP contains hyperlinks and instructions to help with the process.
Questions about Clinical Privileges for Stanford Hospital and Children's Hospital can be directed to:
Trina Perez, CPCS
Stanford Health Care
C: 650-683-0714 F: 650-724-2389
Records of current clinical privileges can be found online at: https://msowdmz.stanfordmed.org/psv/credverification.aspx
Clinical Privileges at VA Palo Alto - Every 2 years
- Reappointment packages are sent through US Mail by Steven D. Huynh, Staff Assistant, Office of the Chief of Staff at the VA (Steven.Huynh@va.gov)
- The faculty member and the admin follow the instructions that come with the packet.
- See the CME page for instructions on getting a report of CME credit earned in the period requested.
- Contact the Faculty Affairs office to obtain proof of malpractice insurance.
- If a record of clinical privileges at Stanford Hospital and/or Stanford Children's Hospital are requested, see the link about clinical privileges above.
Medical Board of CA License - Every 2 years, expires last day of doc's birth month
Medical Board of CA Exam - Every 10 years
DEA Registration - Every 3 years
X-ray Supervisor and Operator Certificate/Fluoroscopy License - Every 2 years
* In order to find more information please visit the California Department of Public Health - Radiologic Health Branch website
* Initial application can be obtained form the CDPH-RHB
* Renewal application can be obtained from the CDPH-RHB
You can verify a license by visiting the following CDPH-RHB website: http://rhbxray.cdph.ca.gov
Forms for many licenses can be found here on the California Department of Public Health website.
ACLS (American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Program) - Every 2 years